had a damn panic attack ugh

Posted , 6 users are following.

i felt like i was losing control and my mind was gonna lose consciousness ugh so scary now i regret tapering off my pills dammit idk what to do im scared i hate panic attacks i havent had a episode like that since i got off lorazepam cold turkey ;( ifeel like theres something wrong with my brain sad

i had to grab my hair tell myself im ok ;(

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

has anyone else felt like this ;(
  • Posted

Hi, Antsy:  I hear ya...I've had panic attacks off and on for about 40 years. The first one was when I was at a Christmas play at my daughter's school.  She had a solo at the very end of the program.  I worked myself up so much that I had to go outside and get my breath.  I didn't think too much about that one until I was grocery shopping and my knees began to knock.  I left my cart full of groceries and ran out the door and drove home shaking...I could go on and on.  I can only describe a panic attack as "your own little hell"...I finally found a wonderful doctor who told me that I didn't have to live like that.  She worked with me until she found TWO antidepressants and Xanax that worked together.  It took about a year, but the panic attacks got less and less.  I still have one now and then, but I am trying to learn to cope with one as soon as I feel one coming on. Just keep telling yourself that you ARE NOT DYING and it will go away in a few minutes.  I have also found that taking two bottles of frozen water and roll your bare feet on the cold bottles helps to throw your brian back in place.  I hope this helps, sweetie..Just don't give up or give in to them...They are real, no matter what people say...they are not just in your head and you are NOT going crazy, but you have to work to get them under control...HUGS...and God bless..

• Posted

thank u so much it scares me so much sad i havent had one in years
  • Posted

Please go see your gp, stopping it without hos support can be dangerous. You may need a higher dose or a different anti depress. X
  • Posted

Hi antsy I'm having the same symptoms at the moment as well Its horrible I get the intense feeling if doom and fear but with out any physical symptoms so its really strange I hope you get better real soon it sucks this panic crap
    • Posted

i feel like im gonna lose my mind or die when it happens. well i was stressing bsd right before rolleyes
    • Posted

Its horrible do you get any other symptoms with the feeling of going mad or dieing
    • Posted

So you don't get a racing pulse ect with the attacks ?
    • Posted

oh yeah i do get a racing pulse stress and boom my mind will lose control i got so scared i think its because im tapering off my a.d
    • Posted

Hi antsy its very scary i know I've been having a feeling of doom and fear but without physical symptoms its bizzare what anxiety can do . Hang in there after a few more weeks the withdrawal from ad should go away
    • Posted

yeah i managed to shower today! which is huge because on the pills my legs have been heavy and really weak so im so blessed to even be able to that! i didnt even take a lorazepam either. hopefully that means I'm getting better. im still on edge antsy feeling doom and gloom but am pushing through ❤
    • Posted

i hope your feeling better also smile anxiety is HORRIBLE some ppl just dont understand. I recently found out i cant get my taxes on my bfs debt card and we need the money for food etc so i freaked out earliar and cried and calmed myself so i wouldn't have a panic attack. i also have derealization which sucks especially when im alone
    • Posted

The derealization for me is the worst I just don't feel myself anymore it feels like something is missing its hard to explain and your right people font get it , it can feel real lonely I hope you feel better
    • Posted

yes exactly! it feels like your brain is giving up on you sad its the worst for me too especially when im alone i feel off and i think any minute i will lose my mind so its a never ending cycle
    • Posted

Hi Tammi, just wanted to say this happens to me too so you're not alone. The derealisation is the scariest thing in the world to me - and how are you meant to explain that to people? The last panic attack I had was a week ago, I felt like nothing around me was real, I was looking at my mum like she was a total stranger, felt like I was about to blackout, and then afterwards I was just in my own little world for hours.

Now if I feel one happening, I have an app on my phone with audio guides on it for meditation. I lie down & properly lose myself in the recording and it helps a lot. It's helped so much that I haven't had one since because if I feel an attack coming on I just think "It's ok, I'll go lay down and listen to the audios until I feel better" and then because I'm not scared of the attack, it doesn't come.

But you're not alone x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.