Had Bipolar turp on friday

Posted , 6 users are following.

Its sunday and I had the surgery done fri afternoon. They just took the Foley out and I have peed 4 times. I have no pain. I had a rough saturday with many blockages and delays with the nurses getting here. Excruciating pain when the sodium chloride would stop flowing. Its sunday still at the hospital no pain peeing but only peeing 25ml and the ultrasound shows I'm retaining 170ml. What are your thoughts men.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joe,

I haven't had a TURP, but I had REZUM. Two days post-op is not enough time for things to settle down. You still have swelling and trauma from the procedure so it will be a while before you can really tell how you are doing. Stay in touch with your doc and discus symptoms and how to relieve pain, etc. and just try to be patient, though I know it's hard. I still had to self-cath for more than a month after the operation and couldn't pee at all for about 2 weeks. Things work pretty well now and I'm grateful. Hopefully you will ultimately get the results you wanted and expected.

Best wishes,

Fred

• Posted

Joe,

Your experience has been very different than mine. I was only in the hospital for a few hours, then went home with a Foley - in for 3 days, and I took it out myself. Only pain was the Foley. The irrigation only lasted about 1-2 hours. No blockages or issues. It takes many weeks for the prostate swelling to go down so it's not surprising that you are still having some retention issues. This should get a lot better over time. I think it's very unusual that you're still in the hospital.

Tom

• Posted

You had TURP, right? Then you will only get better. As noted, things need to settle down. You are still likely swollen. It will improve.

• Posted

I did have the turp. went back to the catheter last night it out at noon today. Drinking lots of fluids. urine is still very red.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.