Had bloodwork done. Told I may have Lyme disease.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been experiencing some symptoms for the last few weeks. Severe head pressure all over, neck pain, nerve pain, some joint pain. Nausea and fatigue on and off. I'm currently on doxycycline. I am seeing an infectious diseases doctor tomorrow. I had blood work done and everything came back normal except for my doctor said that my Lyme titer is elevated. I don't recall being bitten by a tick but apparently that is common. I live in Tennessee and I go hiking frequently and swim in waterholes and stuff so it definitely is possible that I had a tick and didn't know. Does anyone know what exactly it means that my Lyme titer is elevated?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Two main tests for lyme: Western Blot and checking antibody count. I believe your doctor is saying your antibodies are elevated. Meaning your body is fighting an infection. The titer measures the level of your antibodies. Doxy is the main antibiotic prescribed for Lyme.
    • Posted

It's possible. Western Blot test would be more definitive. However, since you're already taking Doxy it doesn't matter. You are being treated early for a possible infection. Given it is early and you're on Doxy, the infection is mostly killed in the first few days. 14 to 21 of Doxy twice a day is all you need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.