Had enough

Posted , 5 users are following.

so some of you may have read my previous threads. I've been suffering in and off from health anxiety since I was a little girl. I believe I've watched other people worry about my health so much that it's passed on to me, my mum was protective and I do not blame her for caring at all. So my health anxiety got bad about 2 months ago when Prozac seemed to stop working for me. My ex fiancé had broken up with me 4 months prior and my mum had been worrying about breast cancer over Xmas.. I was her only support.. She was CONVINCED she was dying.. Anyways docs said this could have triggered my anxiety again... I had many physical symptoms, nausea, weakness in arms and legs, visual problems, exhaustion, tingling in hands, weird sensations mainly in the head, every single feeling and pain set off a panic attacking... I was convinced I had a brain tumour despite docs telling me I was ok. Anyway a month ago they changed my meds from 40mg fluoxetine to 20mg fluoxetine and 15mg mirazapine!!!! I started to feel better.. Until... A week ago they've taken my fluoxetine down to 10mg as they are weening Mr off.... Iv been feeling bad again... Earlier I felt week and I'm convinced iv got mnd... Don't get me wrong I wasnt 109% better before but I feel I'm going bad again... How can they take me from 40mgfluoxirine to 15mg mirazapine and expect that to work. Anyway I'm thinking of asking just to go back on fluoxetine 40mg or do you think I shud just see how things go)? I really haven't felt well for a few months and I grnuinly believe I am dying of something xxxx

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Rhianna, have you been diagnosed with anything?  If all of your physical tests have come back negative/normal, then your anxiety is more imagined than real.  You need to see a good therapist to find out how to deal with your anxieties.  You are not alone.  I began about a year ago and I am retired.  Much of which we are anxious about never comes true or we over analyze.  I know in my case I presume something bad is going to happen and it turns out so much better. Try saying to yourself when you wake up in the morning, "I am going to have a good day."  When you feel sick say, "Nothing is wrong with me," and do something fun. Do a puzzle, look at a good movie, hum an affirming song even if you don't feel like it.  Hoping that you feel better soon...without the meds.
    • Posted

I try and say that to ma elf but I get proper physically symptoms like my arms go weak and last night it felt like my legs were ganna collapse below me xx
  • Posted

Mirtizapine is pretty good im on 45mg i have sufferd with health anxiet for years nowcertain meds unfortubately can increase anxiety a hell of a lot. Mirtizapine is the only tablet that has made me feel any better ive also started seeing someone from mental health service as i believe it will be the only way to gid rid of this its horrible i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy
    • Posted

Really? It has made me bette with the fluoxetine along side it however haven't tried it on it's own yet. Might stay on 20mg fluoxetine and 15 mirrazapine for a month then see how I feel when I go back and suggest if I'm not right still to up to 30mg mirrazapine and coming off of fluoxetine xx
  • Posted

You have described most everyone of us here. It sounds to me like they are weaning you off of the fluoxirine to replace it with the mirazapine. Which they will probably up when you are off the fluoxirine. Ask your doctor why they are doing this, and tell them how you are feeling. I promise you they do want you to feel better!!! And the things you were going through are major stressors. This is your bodies reaction to that stress. You are not dying!!!
    • Posted

I'm now on 15 mg mirrazapine and 20mg fluoxetine... Rang the docs today she suggested to go back up to 20 on fluoxetine.... Not sure if that's the best thing to do but I suppose they know what they're doing ay. I'm convinced iv got a neurological problem sad I am convinced I have mnd or somethig sad xxx
  • Posted

I'm the same.. It's like the anxitey is just creating fake thoughts and feeding off our fears. I actually belive my stupid thoughts sometimes and I grt in such a state. I take mirtazapine and I'm certain it's making me worse not helping. People just react differnt to differnt sTuff. I'm Waiting on cbt as i feel I will rather tackle my issues and try learn coping techs. I often tell my self anxitey is just an emotion there to keep us safe but when it goes whacky it creates stupid ways of getting adrenaline out and some is anxouis thinking

I tell my self it's just anxity the thoughts are fake they can not hurt us just take away our happiness member we control our own happiness. My last cbt tutor told me a great peice of advise

A brown table thought is equal to a thought that I have that I think I have an illness etc.. All carry the same Weight! It's our reaction thst sparks the adrenaline to make us feel scared and get stuck in a vicouis circle. It's about letting the thought in and paying it no attention qnd respect. Allow it to pass through you mind and smile then carry on. I'm trying to learn to do this my self and I have a severe anixtey disorder at the moment. But remember with anxitey alot is habits we build up qnd can all be reversed. Anxiety is just an emotion after all. I hope that makes you feel a little better about things. We can all get through this :-)

• Posted

That saying about a brown table is so bloody true! And yesterday when I felt better that helped but

Today I'm in a state and to

Me, my symptoms are so real, they aren't a thought sad so

How can you stop yourself from thinking the symptoms are real? sad...

• Posted

I'm exactly the same as u right now. I've called the docs as i feel awful and just convinced there is something wrong with me. I'm in a right state. Not even brown table thoughts helping me heed today.

I can't stop shaking scared with thoughts going wild. It's Really scarey. How are u now?

I try to wait till anixty passes and snack on food. And tell my self if I dy I dy it's out my control. But I'm still searching for an answer to why I am thinking am dying ha

• Posted

Today has been a bad day for my mum, who also suffers from health anxiety. Today, on the whole.. has been a good day for me, it seems we are opposite to eachother.. it kind of helps having her there and she also works with me so i always have someone to talk to. do you have anyone you can talk to about this?

today i was CONVINCED i was ganna pass out at one point.... then i managed to snap out of it xxx

• Posted

Think about something good that happened to you.  Read a funny story.  Think about all the things that are right in your world.  Are you in a wheelchair? Homeless?  Be thankful for what is not happening to you.  God loves you. 
    • Posted

agree.. Always someone worse off I guess.

I've calmed down and anixtey eased. I'm trying to think positive And happy thoughts happy thoughts are much needed :-)

• Posted

yeah, this is true..but its also easier said than done.

Try telling a diabetic not to be a diabetic and take away their insulin, see what happens. 

its a disease.. its just a disease of the brain.

we just dont have the right amount of seritonin 

trust me.. if it was as easy as thinking about all the good things in my life (and trust me, there are MANY) - i would never have to feel this way again.

i feel selfish, but its hard rolleyes

• Posted

I try to think positive too but it only lasts so long ha. So I just make the most of the ups. I think I'm going to pass out every time I stand up. But i aint ha and I've been thinking this month's. I feel am obsessing over my body sensations and feelings like I'm in my own little world. I've been out and about today around the garden and stuff. Trying to keep my mind busy and also not be on the net as much creating more problems I wish my head had an off switch or I obsess over something positive. Music helps me stop thinking at the moment. I think it's just about changing our thought process and reaction to thoughts. Cutting the circle. Take away the fuel In a way . I try to think about other stuff but my mind does wonder back, apparently it ttakes time and the more u regocinse your mind wondering the better u are getting. Just try keep ococcupied and when u feel ur thinkkng ur going to pass out once the sensation has gone ask ur self if u passed out or not ha I do this then think.why was I so silly and tell my self off and think of something else random ha
    • Posted

It's true and its weird how we're so worried about it rolleyes if we were ganna pass out surely we wouldn't have time to think about it. I hate this cx
    • Posted

Sorry if I made it seem easy.  I know it's not.  It's a day by day struggle. Sometimes, minute by minute..   But don't give up. Keep trying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.