Had enough

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iv been struggling with anxiety for about 6 months , i have a cough that comes n goes throughout the day go said it's an anxiety cough , also I feel like Iv pulled all muscles in my Chest with coughing and constantly taking deep breaths and swallowing , has anyone got anything like this or can can one halo with it ?

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

I have never heard or had an anxiety cough, not that it does not happen. are youshort of brath, and have a tight chest.Are you havng trouble breathing. TRry taking a steam bath.  and deep brathing excercised. You mught have a good old chesy ciongestion, If it presists I would seek medical attention.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have seen my go has chest X-rays and spyometery tests done my chest is clear n problems , it came from swolowing all the time n taking deep breaths I just duno how to stop it
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I know this sounds stupid, but have your tried brathing into a paper bag when you are having these issues. It helps when you are hyperventilating. also try to find you a good herbal all natural loosse. tea, the chamilie would help relax you and might help with the cough.   Ar eyou on any medication for anxiety,
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm guessing by anxiety "cough", that you're getting a feeling of choking or there being something stuck in your throat? If this is the case, it's a normal stress/anxiety related symptom called Globus Hystericus, and it WILL NOT go away by clearing your throat, if anything as you've found out, it'll make it worse. It's the muscles in your throat contracting, which gives the feeling of something being stuck.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well there isn't a way to stop it other than relaxing, try breathing exercises or meditation. I got it really bad when my anxiety flared up, it scared me to death because I didn't know what it was, but once I accepted it was a normal symptom of stress, it gradually got better. It still comes and goes from time to time but doesn't bother me like it used to because I know it's cause and know it can't hurt me.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up