Had gallbladder removal surgery week ago, bad pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I had laprascopic gallbladder surgery a week ago. I have healed up externally OK, but have pretty bad pain where my gallbladder was. What's going on?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Remember, your body is still trying to function without an organ. I still get them from time to time. Almost like phantom pains, where the body thinks the organ is still there and it isn't.
    • Posted

At first, I thought it was the staple bumping against my liver or something. It just hurts plus I have fevers off and on.
    • Posted

You shouldn't be having fevers, I would recommend you to check with your doctors, because the fever could indicate that you have an infection.
  • Posted

Hi I had mine removed 1 week ago . I just started have a pain on my right side. Any body is have those pains.
  • Posted

Go to your GP ..or nearest a and e you can have stones left in your bile duct that work there way out. A scan will see them .. If you do at least you will know what the pain is and they can monitor them ..remove if stuck...sometimes they hide in the liver ... The temperature is worrying look out for signs of your skin yellowing jaundice ...hope it is nothing but healing pains but best to check ...
    • Posted

I had my gallbladder removed 6 months ago.

Thought it was fine but as time has moved on getting pain in my right side again.

Dr thinks it is either IBS or a stone stuck in my bile duct (though she thought that was unlikely)

Bloods are all fine.

Due to have endoscopy (camera down throat) beginning of December.

Never had one before.

Will this show if thee is a stone stuck somewhere?

Sarah

• Posted

Hopefully this is just phantom pain.

I would not worry ab out the fever too much, this is the weather for coughs and colds, flu etc etc.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.