Had hida scan over a week ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm wondering how long it took for the results to come back the tech told me it would be a few weeks so surely it must be normal results or it would be here sooner I'm stressed out so much now worrying that it's normal and there's no answers to why I'm in so much pain sad

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

NHS? If so you probably won't hear anything, then once you've chased you will get somebody elses results! 

Joking aside if it was me i would give them a call.

Good luck with your results and finding answers!

If it is NHS could i ask how long you had to wait for a HIDA and what tests you had before and what the results were?

Thanks

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sorry not sure about that. Mum had her MRI in hospital with immediate results and then had emergency surgery to remove the gallbladder.  I'm sure if it wasn't normal they would have been in touch to sort it though. Gallstones are excruciatingly painful... I feel for you 🙁  Hopefully something will be done soon.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Even blood tests take ten days. If you are in UK and NHS your GP should get results. Try ringing the surgery to see if they have them and keep ringing if they haven’t. Think surgery would contact you if they had them and there was anything wrong. 

NHS is dire. I needed urgent appointment yesterday for potentially life threatening issue. No luck with GP so rang 111: experiencing unprecedented demand! They recommended trying my GP or dialling 999. Dialling 999 when I’m not sure whether it’s serious? Only needed to see doctor to ascertain how serious it was!! It’s only the start of October so pity help us all in January. Just don’t get I’ll!!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I was meant to see the surgeon almost 3 weeks after the scan as that’s the first appointment I could get. I was at my GP in agony 2 days later and they had the results already. It’s usually a week to 10 days at most to get the results though. The HIDA scan showed my ejection fraction was 31%. Normal is 35 plus. So was classed as sluggish. Wasn’t as bad as a lot of people! I ended up with cholecystitis a few weeks later though so got the gallbladder out 6 days after that. Make an appointment to see your GP and they should have your results, although may not be able to interpret them (or the GP I saw wasnt sure about them anyway). Hope you get some answers!! xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had my HIDA scan results immediately because my gallbladder was completely dysfunctional.  They did the test twice on me since my gallbladder did not show up during the first test.  Then about 3 hours into the second test, my gallbladder showed up a little.  
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Did you get your results?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I had my scan and results back in one week.. I think I've been lucky after reading what some people have been through.. hope you get it sorted soon xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up