Had mole removed! Healing time and normalities?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Today I went to get a mole checked, they wanted to remove it and said they could do it there and then, I agreed, it was cut out and stitched!

I've had a little bleeding, it's sore when I move and in the most awkward place (my back)

What's the general healing time of a mole wound? How much should it bleed, how often should I change the dressing?

They did tell me at the hospital but obviously being quite taken aback by how swift it all happened I couldn't take it all in!!!

Any experience would be greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did they tell you to keep it dry, ie no showers, for a couple of days & possibly to leave the dressing alone until your GP [Practice Nurse] removes the stitches in a week?

If you had the mole removed in a clinic, then telephone the clinic to tell them you didn't take in what they said & could they repeat it.

If it wasn't a clinic, then telephone your GP and see the Practice Nurse & ask the same questions.

But I think they generally tell you to keep a wound dry for at least a couple of days, maybe more.

Good luck

• Posted

The little leaflet they gave with when I needed to have the stitches out said I can change the dressing after 24 hours and yes, keep it dry, I remember the woman saying I can have a "front" shower but if it gets wet change the dressing immediately!

I'll give them a call today, thank you! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.