Had no idea what I was in for.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone!  I am new to this forum and so glad I found it while on this journey of ups and downs .  I am one month away from being 49 and just had my first period since last October and boy was it a doozy!

Doozy in the emotional sense. Two days after my period was over I had the most intense anxiety panic combo attack in the shower,  has anyone else experienced this ???

I also have been having intermittent anxiety all throughout the day and I wake up with anxiety every morning,  I am guessing it’s because I went 3 1/2 months without having a period And all my levels of hormones are a bit off.  Has anyone else experienced this ?  I would surely appreciate any input!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Dear kellie

I am over two years post meno but in peri I had a few really bad panic attacks ( I did drink quite abit of caffeinated coffees prior to them happening which didnt help and I had the anxiety episodes too, thankfully thinks have calmed down, I started to take a multivit and eased back on too much caffeine x

• Posted

My anxiety level is through the roof...hubby had heart attack 4 weeks ago.....so I'm worried sick and start panicking over everything I'm feeling...headache.....had black period last week...now feeling queasy and got achy tummy...I'm worried it's not part of the perimenipause

• Posted

So sorry Mary.

You have alot on your plate. Have you been to your Gyno?

• Posted

Hi Kellie, going through the same thing, nonstop anxiety. I’m 51 and had 1 period since October as well. I’ve had anxiety on and off for years but this is different. I did go on a low dose of Zoloft which helped me a lot about 4 years ago. I only took them for 5 months and didn’t have any issues until this happened rolleyes going back to the doctor to get my levels checked again. Not sure if I want to do hrt or antidepressants since most of my symptoms are panic attacks and anxiety   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.