Had Post op check up today

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just had my 6 week check up, all good, he can still feel quite a few stitches inside but said OK, he also told me they are single stitches not a continuous one. Anyway light exercise like walking swimming, exercise bike and build up, no exercise that involves heavy lifting or pushing to be avoided for ever if possible. He said wait at least 3 months to start lots of exercise as the stitches will take at least that long to start devolving. All OK and he said my vigina looks great ha ha been doing keagles since week 3 but only up to strength 3 so he was addiment that after this op every woman should do them 3 times a day FOREVER, so one happy lady, oh and can now try gentle sex, hope this helps someone,

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello lynn. That's such good news and a urogynaecologist who is giving the new advice, at long last!! I know your news will give other ladies a lot of hope xx

• Posted

Thanks matron and yes he was very good, as I am on warfarin and have been for 15 years ( I am 55)he also got me an appointment with the haematology for more tests to see if I can now come off it. He says 15 years is long enough. He was great also sent letter to doctors expressing his wishes for them to follow up on my oxibutin meds in at least 6 months, 😉

• Posted

I'm even more impressed, a consultant who looks at the whole patient and not just his speciality. I wish all consultants were the same x

• Posted

Yes I was as well matron especially him saying take it slowly for at least 3 months
  • Posted

Hi Lynn,

Glad to hear all has went well and great to hear you have such a great consultant who is looking after you and impressed the importance of protecting your repair from repro lapse.

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Can I ask what keagles are?
    • Posted

Kegals are a gadget to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles I think. Try googling it, Amazon sell them I believe. Some swear by them but a good pelvic floor physio therapist is a good way to go too. rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.