Had surgery this morning

Posted , 2 users are following.

ok so i had surgery on both eyelids all four too and bottom both eyes...this morning to remove large xanthelesmas. Large yellow plague. Something to do with high ldl cholesterol or family genetics.one eye is normal bruised and good. The other eyelid the doc when giving the anethesia i whinched and he said that caused a shiner. It was immediate. He said i would have a shiner for a couple of weeks. He did finish the procedure. So i have the shiner, swelling..some stiches and lower and upper lid stiches which also seem swelled. Not pretty to see but im trying to stay calm. Both eyes have many stiches. Heres the issue i went on the net and see people saying complications and some saying black eye then stayed like a circle. Never heard of that. Bruising should heal. Im scared. Im scared to go to sleep because i dont want it to swell worse..my mind is wandering.not sure if mediations stuff can do the trick here. My family interestingly seems to just be doing their oen thing. My husband who stayed home for the surgery today and will tomorrow seems to be not so helpful.everyone has gone to bed early which is so rude to me. Im the one who takes care of everyone and always do thru everyones issues or surgeries.not a kind thing to leave me hanging here.i did read this swells for a few days then calms down but im scared how much more it will seell.i want it to begin healing now. One eye isn't near as messed up as the other. The surgeon knows about it and already told me it would be a nice shiner but he didnt mention worsening or anything just to ice it, which i have been doing. So i figured id write on here and pray someone has some kind words to calm me down. I, scared to go to sleep. Having healthy anxiety and this doesnt flow. The weather here is also bad with icing and snows which doesnt help. please, please need some kind words.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Kinda hurtful noone even responded. I usually always try and help anyone who writes on here.
  • Posted

Oh you poor thing. the surgery sounds not very nice. I think most people would be feeling anxious and a bit afraid if they were in your position. I know i would.  I thinkother people sometimes do not really know what to do if someone they depend on is suddenly unwell and they can withdraw. i think you also feel a bit put on by your family., Is this a new thing? or were you feeling this way before. I think when we are feeling scared and vulnerable we need people to give us more love and attention, unfortunatley people are not mind readers so you may h ave to tell your family exactly how you feel and that you need more care from them. Or you can just hang on in there -  the days will pass and your condition will improve. Try not to look on line for complications re your surgery - it will not  help. Try so take care of yourself with things that make you feel good, nice hot drinks to warm you up, some treats ( choc is mine), and maybe some relaxation CD' or some nice soothing music. i am sure thing willl improve over the next few days. take care 
    • Posted

He ended fevered. He was sick. I didnt know he was making sure to keep a distance so i wuld stay well. 
    • Posted

Oh bless him and you too. How are you feeling today? are the eyes feeling a bit better? Hope u keep improving and that things are ok, keep in touch - Jen
  • Posted

Hi there - think your responses will come.Worry not lisalisa - you take care of yourself as much as you can ,
  • Posted

Thankfully healing very well at this time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.