Had THD on Monday but feels like the piles are still there.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had THD and Banding done on Monday at the same time as a colonoscopy. The piles hadn't been bothering me before the op but and I mostly did it because the Dr said I should.

Pain for the first couple of days was quite bad but controllable with regular paracetamol and ibuprofen. I just had a tight feeling and it felt like if I bent down the stitches were pulling. Then on Friday that feeling just went away along with 90% of the pain. When I had a BM later that day there was a fair amount of fresh bloody, but only for a couple of BMs.

Late on Friday I noticed that one of my piles seemed to be back. Saturday evening it felt almost the same as it did before the op.

I'm now worried that it didn't work. Did anyone else have a similar experience? And did it get better over time?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think the amount of pain versus benefit for THD is skewed towards pain and ambiguity with little benefits. Its by far better to bear the pain for once and get a full surgery done. They claim they are going to do THD above the dentate line but usually it is always painful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.