Haemorrhoids & Anemia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All; 3 years ago i was severely anemic. I'd had rectal bleeding for years, and in 2013 had a colonscopy which gave the all-clear. In 2016, my Iron levels were 8.0mg/dl, should be >13.5 (male). I had another colonscopy/endoscopy/MRI and Pill Cam..nothing sinister found. I had iron tablets and got my Iron levels back up. All this time, I'd had piles. In the end, they put the anemia down to piles.

Last week, I had another blood test, and was down at 12.4 mg. 11 months ago, I was at 13.5 mg

The Doctors are now telling me this drop is too high for piles alone. I'm really scared about blood cancers etc.

Do any/many of you suffer from anemia simply from piles, and have you had a reasonably fast drop of Hg due to blood loss from piles alone. I have a visit booked in for 2 weeks for a consultation but am hoping it's nothing more than the Hems!

thanks

Chris

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

yes i have anemia as a direct result from piles.

• Posted

thanks Cezzabell ... i hope this is the route cause for my drop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.