Hair Loss and Livial

Posted , 4 users are following.

My hair has thinned a lot since the menopause and I just wondered if Livial would help thicken it up. Most HRT drugs seem to help the hair. Would appreciate hearing from those taking Livial if it has improved their hair at all?

All the best.

Josey

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been going through the menopause for four years and started taking Livial 12 months ago. Whether coincidental or not, I have noticed my hair thinning recently and its terrifying me. I know that one of the possible side effects of testosterone is male pattern baldness and Livial contains some testosterone. However, I also take phentermine from time to time but I haven't dared mention that to the Doctor because I absolutely know I shouldn't take it.

Regards

• Posted

I took phentermine for 3 years on and off and IT IS the cause of my hair loss! I of course didn't want to believe that was it so I stopped the medication for 6 months and my hair started growing back then I went back on it and within 2 weeks my hair started frizzing really bad and thinned out so fast. Phentermine is the devil.

• Posted

Hi Beckett, thanks for your reply. It was the testosterone component that had me concerned about this drug. I'm thinking now it might be best to try a different type of hrt. Don't know what Phentermine is. Perhaps you should look up the side effects to see if it could be the cause of your hair loss.

Josey

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.