Hair shedding?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anybody witness hair shedding more while taking citalopram? Or could it just be because of anxiety 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I'm also getting this tapering off too, my hair used to be really thick before this xx

• Posted

I went on birth control before clexa and my hair was falling out like crazy. I want to say it stopped happening as much once I started anxiety medication. Apparently birth control can add extra anxiety so maybe your theory about anxiety causing hair loss is true, haha. I started taking women’s one a day vitamins, a hairdresser told me when your body isn’t getting all the stuff it needs it stops proving for the hair first. I am the type to stop eating when I get too anxious so that could be the case, too. Either way, I wish you luck!

Jillian

• Posted

Thanks!!

I’ve been taking vitamins! But idk what’s happening lol, I think I’ll start to add Biotin to my daily supplements and see if that can help me out! Maybe change my diet too cause I tend to eat junk lol. 

• Posted

I’ve heard biotin is great for hair and nails, and changing your diet will also help with anxiety! I take ginger tablets every now and then when I have an upset stomach and I find my anxiety isn’t as bad those days. I don’t take it every day though, not sure what the effect would be lol. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.