Hal Doppler surgery please help, did anyone have my same symptoms?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, my name is Nir and im happy to be here.

last Thursday night i went through Hal Doppler surgery. i was fully asleep and didnt fell anything, when i woke up i fell a bit weak, my surgeon said the surgery went well and he did 5 stitches.

i woke up a day after and saw blood on the bandage he placed on the anus.

i was very surprise to see that. on Saturday, the first time i had stool it was not hard or soft but all my external hemorrhoids (inside the anal canal) came out and it was so painful. yesterday evening i started feeling huge pressure all around my anal area and i noticed the hemorrhoids started to shrink. today morning i went to the toilet and had soft stool but still the hemorrhoids came back. all this time from Thursday till today im bleeding all day long, not as an opened wound but like very small blood dots, im using small bandage and every hour i check i see this tiny stain of blood, is it normal? when should it stop? i still feel pain from my hemorrhoids and inside my anal canal the upper part, also when i poop it hurts inside, and i see blood, should it be like this? did some experience the same feelings and symptoms like i do? i suffered enough until the surgery but today i suffer more, i spoke with the doc on Sunday and he said it will pass, im worried now. please let me know if my symptoms are normal after surgery and you went the same light hell as me

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

not sure about the hall doppler surgery but if it's anything like the regular, the pain is normal as is the swelling. it's not a haemorroid you're feeling either. u have skin tags that are stillllll swollen almost 4 weeks post surgery. my doctor keeps saying it will go down but I am starting to worry. the first 2 first were hell so be prepared. hopefully the swelling and pain will ease. keep us posted and thank you for sharing!

• Posted

It's not like the regular surgery when the doc remove your hemorrhoid, it's another method, artery ligation, when the doc just stops the blood arriving to your hemorrhoids on both sides. But right now my concern is about the bleeding, its minimal, like small dots every hour and today is the fifth day.

• Posted

ive had the same surgery and had minimal bkeeding but worried about external swellibg now as looks like hemmaroids are back and ony 14 days in. still excrutuating to go to loo for me too.

• Posted

no I was cut. closed hemorrhoidectomy. last year u did sclerotherapy (injections to stop blood flow)... that did not help. I skipped ligation and did surgery. sometimes it takes time. hopefully that's the only issue.

• Posted

i hope so..the blood part is the scariest for me. i thought today it stopped but no..

• Posted

so today its the 10th day from the op, the pain is no issue now, its almost gone and the bleeding stopped, until yestarday i though thats it, im on the sure path to healing but today morning i had BM very very soft one, and my left pile (i think with small blood clot) started to bleed again. it was a short one. but since then it feels like before the op. now im confused the op i did (hal) should cut the blood supply to this pile, why is it there? its been 10 days now..

• Posted

Hi patients,

So today it's 16 days since the Halo surgery, feeling slightly better, no bleeding, pain from time to time, but, I have minor inflaming sensation inside my rectum, its not outside the anus, its inside, it was painful in the first few days after the surgery, but now its disturbing. Can anyone advice if he or she had those symptoms? Is it normal?

• Posted

yes i was in excrutiating burning and stinging pain inside anus from moment i woke up and nothing touched it. alwo combined with what felt like a metal stabbing pain in the inside. over 2 months to get past the excrutiating bit for me, then a differnet tight pain which feels like stiches healing. pain git mich worse amd very up amd down and now finalky feel like turning corner, but still sharp occasional pain, internally. definitely feel like still need more rest. hope youre doing better.

• Posted

spent 2 months mainly submerged in water in bath, at my mums! only recently returned home! now struggling with settling my system down food wise- thought if cracked it, but now seem to have become 'everything intollerant' anyone else make a direct link to food? i coukd only tollerate water to drink for over 2 months and even now little else. i cant have any caffine not a single coffee, suddenly im completly lactose intollerant but most food intollerant. so bizarre! all ive done is have a good high fibre healthy diet ( which is my regular diet) and im finding its made me worse not better. i have to run for the white fluffy bread to stop me going! some days the second food entered my mouth i had to run. that was horrid and really upset me as was so hungry after losing nearly two stone through all this! my pain qnd any syptoms seems dieectoy linked to food now? hope j havent experienced the same but do keep an eye out for what u eat amd pain amd make a note of any food that causes more pain- may help.

• Posted

u have all the same symptoms 2 weeks after dopler/ thc surgery. i am very worried too and the pain you describe is what i have and very severe mist the time. i called my surgeon whi said its swelling but im concerned as they werent there after surgery but are now! woukd also lone to know if anyone been through this and what their experinece was as at the moment im terrified its all coming back! i have put a seperate post up also. i do hope you feel better - this is just an awful recovery and the condition was bad enough! hope you improve too!

• Posted

Hi Emma,

Im happy we are experiencing the same symptoms, that means we are on the right track, I can tell you today I'm feeling slight better and I'm sure you will also, I read somewhere that after this surgery (Halo) it's takes between days to weeks to all shrink down.. So we need to wait.. Time will do it.

Feel well dear and ill update you soon.

• Posted

Hi Emma97035

I have small Q for you, today morning I felt fine, slight pain, but during the day when I sit I'm starting to feel worse as there is pressure on the area and in the evening I feel burning sensation medium, not so severe, inside the canal, is it something you felt/feel also?

• Posted

hi sorry id not been able to login. yes im reassured we have similar syptoms as should be on right track hopefully! yes if i sit or drive the pressure still hurts and swelling worsens. i have a swelling feeling inside and out. I'm still concerned abouy external swelling, but as ling as major internal pain doesnt return, ill be happy! much less pain and hoping still improving, but am worried still as my lifestyle doesnt lend itself to resting. its taken over 2 months to get out if severe pain, which was unexpected. hope youre doing much better blunir.

• Posted

that's good to know thanks! hope all keeps shrinking yes keep me posted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.