hallux valgus and pins in 2 toes.

Posted , 5 users are following.

7 weeks post op.when do u stop taken ibrufon?i feel okay but my hip is very sore 2day trying 2 walk without shoe and think im putting 2 much weight 2 the left side the foot my bunion got done.i have took a tramadol so that i can get a good nights sleep.going 2 go swimming 2morro and doing wee walks every day.my toes are so tight and not much movement yet in the toes that had pins in them.going 2 have 2 be patient.hope u are all on the mend and having a nice summer.weather is good here in scotland.take care.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Mary,

hope u will get to a better place soon. foot surgery is so painful so keep UR foot up & iced 3-5 times every 6 hrs. Icing really help keep the swelling down less swelling =less pain..

you'll be dancing the jig in no time.

healing prayers sent UR way.

• Posted

thank  4 the advice,i dont know if i will be dancing the jig lol but every day there is a improvement.i will try the ice and c how it goes.hope every 1 i healing we.

• Posted

Hi Mary sounds like you are doing really well!! My hip also went through a sore time when I started walking more & compensating with good leg. Don't worry I am 11 weeks now & walk almost normally & hip no longer sore. The aches & pains in foot get less & less so you may be able to stop painkillers soon but as you get out walking etc more & using the foot you will get lots of strange little aches &'pains in all different parts of the foot. Also the swelling will still come & go but be sensible with rests when needed & soon goes. Do you exercise your big toe ? My surgeon told me to pull /push big toe gentlly back & forth to a comfortable ( or slightly further if you can)! Level for 5 mins twice a day & the movement is very good now!!! Your recovery sounds great & swimming &'walking will be good too - keep,positive & think how far you have come in just 7 weeks!! Hope all continues to go well for you!! 
    • Posted

thank you.im getting better every day.i will take ur advice,i wriggle my 2 toes that had the pins in them there is not much movement yet but it takes time.going back 2 gentle exercise next week and back 2 work in august.happy healin 2 every1.

• Posted

Hi

I am now day 8 post op after having both feet done. I only take 2 Nurofen once a day at bedtime. I do get pain but find I can reduce it by elevating my feet and using ice. I had to cut out the pain meds as they were making me feel sick but have found it easy to manage the pain by making sure that I totally relax my legs when they are elevated. I find that I tense my legs without realising but after using breathing techniques to relax the pain drops off significant. If this didn't help I use ice and after 15 minutes this usually does the trick. Before reducing meds pain was keeping me awake at night but now I find that the 2 tablets at bedtime see me through to morning. So I think try less meds and see if they are more effective when you really need them.

• Posted

Deni,

thanks 4 sharing.. Great it's getting u back on UR feet soo.

healing prayer sent UR way biggrin

• Posted

u were very brave getting the 2 of them done.i will get the other foot done in a couple of years,it wasnt as bad as my left foot.thanks 4 the advice,i will try it out.hope ur healing continues and u are back up on ur feet in no time.take care.

• Posted

Not really brave, just didn't want to have two operations as that scared me more than the thought of recovering.  Hope you are getting a bit less pain each day now and will soon be recovered!

• Posted

Hi Mary.

If you need the ibuprofen then stop taling it.

Re your hip.

It has taken me a very ong time for my hip(s) to not ache. Once the shoe comes off and the crutches no longer needed the walking is then having to be re-learned and my hips ached a great deal. But it will get better but don't expect it to happen for a very long time. I'm7 months post-op and the very tops of mm]y legs stil ache as I'm having to get used to walkin with an un-bunioned foot. And the stance is so different. I still feel at times as though I'm walking 'round a corner'. But hang on in there as it will improve

Good Luck.

Gillian

• Posted

After foot surgery walking is like a new baby. Learning the how Roos of a balanced foot..Get well soon Gillian biggrin
    • Posted

thanks gillian 4 ur advice.my hip is really sore 2day so i have taken a tramadol 2 c if that helps and my toes are very tight 2day but i wil have days like that as u say.but it will get easier and im going back 2 light exercise cant wait.hope u are improving every day.happy healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.