Hanging in there

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel like back to square one horrible feelings when I close my eyes panic nausea and horrible thoughts don't want to move but feel restless when will thus end it's been nearly 17 months for the past 5 I been taking 20mg fluoxetine I feel like my head all over the place headaches finding it hard to go out this is just the pits I was getting a bit better but all gone does anyone have any tips or can share similar experience I took fluoxetine once before for a year I hate these desperate bleak days

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I don't understand why it won't go away I just want to be myself again

• Posted

Have you spoke to your doctor maybe need to up your dose I feel the same as you but only been on flu for 9 weeks just hoping I feel better soon x
    • Posted

Don't really want to up my dose if I can help it last time I took this in 2011 it took a long time to help but one day about 11 months later I woke up and it had gone completely came back last year xx

• Posted

Julie it's awful I know what your going through Hun I feel weak shakey and constantly on edge for no reason what so ever I have been bad with anxiety and depression in past but never felt as bad as I do right now been going on for months tried so many other ad before this and none of them helped I no what you mean about upping your dose in the same because side effects have been hell this is obviously the anxiety just wish someone can take it away from me it's horrendous x

• Posted

It is it spoils things hard to enjoy life yet I see so much I want to get back to doing just this anxiety is stuck with me as you know I am waiting for it to improve.....
  • Posted

Julie Prozac is a slow acting AD. I wish I had a precise set of steps that would help but all I can say is hang in there, from what I have read by katecogs it DOES get better.

here's some things I do that help, even a little

1. I have klonopin .5 mg that I cut in half and take 1-2 hrs before bed. I try NOT to use this daily but only as last resort

2. Drink Chamonlie tea in the AM to put a lid on the anxity

3. eat a banana each day

4. I also use natural vitality calm, a mangnesium supplement that balances out the excess calcium in the body cells.  I try to do 3 mugs a day with approx 1 teaspoon to mug of warm water.

now that our weather is improving and warmer, I am able to get outside, converse with neighbors and that helps a bunch. I know finding the motivation to do those things is darn difficult but I would advise press through regardless.

best wishes

• Posted

Hi Ben can I ask how long you been on fluxotine for Hun I'm nearly 10 weeks feel riddled with anxiety constantly x

• Posted

I started March 2017 on 20 MG dose. In November I asked if I could reduce it down and I was given 10mg dose.

Feb this year, I quit cold turkey and that is when all hell broke loose.

Starting March 26 I am back on 20mg dose for the foreseeable future.

I have .5mg Klonopin to assist with anxiety and natural vitality calm as well.

Hang in there, I believe we well all get better at some point, wish I could predict WHEN, but we must have faith in each other and in the end result.

• Posted

6 months in I'm doing great but that said I also take Propanolol which stops me from having Palpatations etc.. I think they have played a major part in my recovery as when I would actually think I was going to have an attack I would never actually physically have one because the Propanolol would stop my heart from racing which would of course in past make me panic i was dying lol..  Anyway you should see about them if you suffer with actual attacks etc.

• Posted

Thank you I am 5 months but struggling it's v hard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.