Happy Anniversary

Posted , 13 users are following.

Today marks my one year anniversary of my TKR.  One year ago I would not have thought that I would be walking, jumping and yes, even hopping. Running is coming along slowly. To those of you beginning the long journey of recovery, I can say ( without hesitation), that you will be pain free. You will be enjoying your life. I know how difficult it it is to believe , as you cry through PT and count the hours until you can have more pain medication, that you will ever get through this brutal recovery. Take your time and be patient. It really does take a year to get through this surgery.  This forum got me through my darkest days. You were all here for me. Thank you all for the support, kind words and honest conversation. 

Ellie

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for a positive story. 3 wks. After my tkr on left one. Yea, some days the PT is challenging but i march on (walk on..lol).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.