HAPPY EASTER

Posted , 2 users are following.

Everyone

My favourite choc's are malteasers, got an egg with the bunny bars in and was depressed to see that one of them is 9.4g's of fat. Thought \"one for a treat instead of lunch\", and found didn't really like it as tasted really really sweet and ended up giving some of it to the husband.

Yesterday hubby gave me 1/2 a square of Aero and that tasted yukky also

Does this mean that 3mths of no chocolate has turned me against it :lol:

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

happy easter to you too!

i have not been very disciplined myself, its my fiance's bday today so i had planned to have the day off which was all fine and well but then a close relative said some very hurtful and uncalled for things to me on thurs which further fueled my anxiety and depression problem and i have eaten badly from friday morning (junk food makes me feel better at the time, regret comes later)

i have decided to draw a line under today and start fresh again tomorrow

• Posted

sorry to hear that Sparkles, some people are just plain selfish and rather be cutting than supportive. I would say, however closely related they are, you don't really need negative people like that round you.

As you say draw a line under today and just take one day at a time.

~*~*Happy Birthday to Sparkles fiance~*~*

• Posted

thanks suza for the birthday wish smile

luckily i start councelling in just over a week which i am hoping will help no end with the anxiety and depression, hopefully it will give me the tools to deal with these family issues without feeling the urge to turn to naughty foods for comfort. you're very right about not needing negative people around me, my family is quickly becoming just my dad and the inlaws!

onward and upward! smile

• Posted

good luck with the counselling really hope that the person you get to talk to is compatible for you. Had some myself many year's ago and after a dodgy start with someone I didn't get on with found a brilliant man that really helped. Mind you my first session with him was so difficult that afterwards I sat in my car and balled my eyes out for 1/2hr. poor passer by knocked on the window to make sure I was ok. :oops:

My husband was also a great help in showing me that there are things that you should worry about and a heap of others that really don't warrant the hassle. Stressing about things does become a character trait but it can be broken and I have felt less weight on me since learning to be less stressful.

As for family as they say it's a pity you can't pick them but you do have the choice of who you associate with, I personally cut my family out for over 5 years until I felt strong enough to put up with their \"ways\" and the relationship is on my terms, if I want to see them I do if I don't then I don't.

Look forward not back and do what suits you and as long as it doesn't kill/harm anyone, sod them :wink:

• Posted

Hi Suza

Now that you mention it, I'm actually much less into chocolate than I was before I started taking Orlistat. In fact I'm a lot less into sweet things altogether which is a really good thing as I used to really crave cake and chocolate.

Unfortunately I still hanker after fish & chips and pizza, although I may have sorted the pizza craving now - I went to Pizza Express at the weekend and had a Sloppy Guiseppe without cheese and it was suprisingly good and didn't taste that much different to a pizza with cheese. If you haven't already I really suggest you try it if your'e a pizza fan.

Have a good week

Best wishes, Andrea

• Posted

I like pizza express pizzas, they're generally not all that bad, certainly the ones you can buy in shops, i have had their margharita which is 8g per 1/2 pizza and today bought their chargrilled pesto chicken which is 5.5g per 1/2 pizza (if it wasn't for DB i could eat the lot but i suppose he has to eat too!!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.