Happy SECOND ANNIVERSARY, Left Knee!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Two years ago this morning I was heading to the hospital for my first TKR! I was SO READY to be done with the terrible PAIN I had been experiencing for many years. I wasn't sure what would happen, but I DID KNOW that pretty much ANYTHING would be better than the AGONY I was experiencing constantly from my knees!

Looking back on this first TKR I can honestly say that while it was a huge challenge in every way, it DID give me the start of getting my life back again.

Three and a half months later I got my second knee replaced because it, too, was very bad and really painful. It was be celebrating its second anniversary in October.

Today my husband and I will be heading out and about to celebrate our 41st WEDDING anniversary. (Yes, two years ago our 39th anniversary was celebrated in the hospital because that was my surgery day!) Hard to believe TWO YEARS has passed since that surgery!

To all here who will undergo surgery soon, I wish you much success and strength!

To all just having had recent surgery I want you to know that it takes awhile to feel better, but better WILL HAPPEN. Be patient.

To all who are celebrating your own anniversaries , I wish you happiness and lots of really great days without pain.

This site has been a treasure to me these last two years. Thank you to everyone for your suggestions, your sympathy, and your humor! It is like a very big family who has experienced the same challenges and are helping one another deal with those challenges.

Thank you!??

Onward to the future!😄

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for your post cheryl. Its lovely to hear just how much better life can be once we've jumped all the hurdles. Here's to many happy anniversaries to come.🍾

• Posted

Hi Cheryl

Thank you so much for your encouraging words!  Need them big time - happy Anniversaries!!  Stay well!!

• Posted

Congratulations! Great encouragement from your corner as always!

Those early weeks and months are hard, but indeed...it will happen!

Blessings to you,

You are such an asset to a forum like this!

X😊

• Posted

Thank you Cherry, I'm 9 weeks post op and although feel ok you do still worry if you will ever feel normal again. It's so nice to hear from someone who is further down the line and proving that it's worth it. My anniversary is in October and I'm hoping to be able to go away to celebrate as well.

Thanks for the encouragement.

• Posted

Thank you Cheryl, this is very encouraging. I had a TRKR ion Feb 27TH of this year. As you stated it is a challenge but I am not nearly in the pain I was in before the surgery. I Have to have the left knee done also but not right away. Thank you again for sharing.
  • Posted

Hi Cheryl,

i remember you you from my time on here.  I too will be celebrating 2 year anniversary in October and this site kept me sane, got me through the sleepless nights and I don't know how I would have managed without it.

i apologise for not keeping on giving encouragement to others, I did for a while, but then my life just got too busy.

i would say it took me a full 13 months to recover and even since then I have gained a lot more strength in my leg.

i had a TKR then I had to have MUA.  I struggled to get a good bend but now the bend is almost as good as it was when my knee had no problems.  I still do an Aqua Bootcamp class and an Aqua Tabatha class and this is what has worked for me.  Can walk for miles.

i religiously did my exercises even when it was painful.  I felt that I didn't want to have gone through all that pain not to get a good result.

to everyone in the early stages, this is your lifesaver and people are fabulous.  They all know what they are talking about as they have been there.

my lifesaver was Old Fat Git, I think that was the name he used.  Nothing was too much trouble for him to answer.  Is he still around?

good luck to you all and massive congratulations to you Cheryl.

liz xx

• Posted

Congratulations, Cheryl. I am glad that you are celebrating your anniversary pain free. J-21370

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.