Happy? World Menopause Day ladies!

Posted , 5 users are following.

October 18 is declared world menopause day by the WHO. Great...so what do we get from it?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely nothing. Until I read your post, I didn't even know there was a world menopause day. I am a bit of a news junkie and follow several news sites and major health sites and not a mention of it.

• Posted

I guess we will not be getting any cards, flowers, cakes or presents then ☹

• Posted

Really? there is a day for something that makes millions of women feel like crap physically and mentally? Well whoo hoo! (Sarcasm intended) Lol! Here's what I don't get. Last Monday I felt great mentally and physically, on top of the world. But then the rest of the week and this week, most days I didn't think I was going to make it. Yesterday I stayed in bed so long I didn't even shower before going to work!(I take two showers a day, so luckily I had taken on the night before). All I could manage to do was the necessities, I took a sponge bath, brushed my teeth, combed my hair, slapped on some lipstick and out the door I went. I did do much better today, shower, more makeup, etc. The shower really helped, I don't need to miss those in the morning anymore! Lol!

• Posted

Hi Juanita, showering is a good thing indeed! Apparently, this years topic is our sexual well being. Nevermind our physical and mental well being...Oh shucks! There is always next year! I feel like ass too lately. No period since the end of August.

• Posted

Lol! Yes the shower loosens my muscles and it wakes me up enough so I can think straight.

Sexual well being? That's all these men think about! The world is run by them and their stupid penises!!!! Well if we felt better mentally and physically we might want sex! But when you're fighting daily to retain your sanity and hoping your aches, twinges, and pains aren't some dread disease who has time to think about sex? If men had to deal with this there would be a pill to make it all go away. Rant over. 😃

• Posted

hopefully more research and better diagnosis of this very challenging time. ..CK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.