Hard, lumpy abdomen 7 weeks post op.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a bit worried about my abdomen. The area above my wound and up to just above my belly button has (I think) become more swollen/hard/lumpy over the last few days. Has anyone else had this happen? It has also become a bit more uncomfortable. Do you think I should go back to my GP? I haven't had my post op checks at the hospital yet.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It will be the wounds healing as your tum tends to swell at this time. Stitches will be tightening and getting ready to come out now. The scars will cause the lumpiness as they pucker up the skin/flesh in the area. Take care and don't overdo things. Poll X rolleyes

• Posted

Thank you Poll, I'm feeling well in myself and I guess the temptation is to try and do a bit more than maybe is good for me. X

• Posted

Don't try to do too much yet, you'll heal much faster and feel better if you go slowly. I don't think too much walking/exercise is good at this stage from personal experience. Listen to your body, if it hurts/aches you're not yet ready to do whatever caused it! Take care, Poll x surprised

• Posted

Sorry honey, all of my surgery was done from below, although as a retired registered nurse it is important to note that after surgery there is usually swelling and adhesions for several months. The adhesions could be the lumpy part, basically just surgical areas that have to resolve /heal. Keep positive!

• Posted

Thank you.....I feel a bit stupid because I too am a registered nurse with about 34 years experience !! However we don't usually see people at this stage of their recovery I guess (and all the patients I see in my current position are pre op.)

I think I probably knew the answer but it's just lovely to get support and advice from the lovely people on this forum who have "been there, got the t shirt " so thank you xx

• Posted

Ahhh, honey, you are sweet. Never feel stupid. It is so different being a patient. Good luck. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.