Hard pain in my chest and lower throat?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have a hard feeling pain in my chest and lower throat, I can only explain it as feeling like a pound coin is wedged in there and every now and then I get a sort of sharp pain that reminds me the "pound coin" feeling is still there, it hasn't happened to me for a long time but tonight for some reason it happened to me after eating a bowl of pasta and now hasn't stopped since, it's been around 3-4 hours since I had it, at first I was getting sharp pain in my chest and it felt as if I had like drank a bottle of oil but I'd only had pasta nothing fatty or oily in it at all and it has now developed into this hard chest pain like something is stuck in there, I haven't had it for ages but now it's come back randomly tonight, does anyone have any idea what it could be or experienced the same?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i think this is similar to what I have been experiencing and is gastritis.  .

Try some gaviscon and see if that helps if not ask doctor for a proton pump inhibitor a medicinbe that prevents acid build up

• Posted

I have to agree with lotsofpain. It's either gastritis or acid reflux and since you only get it occasional it probably isn't acid reflux. But if you aren't careful with your eating you will certainly be on your way to developing it. And I have it and let me tell you, it sucks. I have to take a proton pump inhibitor every day. Which by the way only work if you take them daily. So don't try that as a solution for your once in a while problem.

• Posted

Hi Megan, this sounds like anxiety, I always suffered with my anxiety in my throats for too many years , don't let it go see a doctor to get advice about distraction techniques.. maybe wind yes make sure your food isn't greasy , also how you eat , you could be starving and just eat it too fast, then trigger off trapped wind x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.