Hard to believe it's anxiety causing symptoms

Posted , 9 users are following.

does anyone else have symptoms so real, that they find it impossible to believe it's anxiety causing it? 

Replies would ve be really appreciated right now, I'm not in a good place and it's affecting every part of my life and alcohol is becoming a big problem also. And a list of anyone symptoms too so that I know I'm not the only one sad 

xxx

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your not the only one love, I'm 26 from the US , it's a curse. It's a struggle day by day. Some days are better than others. I just wanna be normal again. Feel free to ask me anything I'm open ears an it helps to talk to others that goes through the same thing .
    • Posted

It's scary and I hate it!!! Everyday I wake up thinking today will be the last day of my life!!! I sometimes feel as though I can't handle it xx
  • Posted

Generalist Physcians are tasked with investigating a patient's symptom complaints which often can be varied and non-speficic - I don't hold confidence or trust in my physcian as typically they fail to demonstate any level of medical knowledge or intellectual ability.. and provides standarized tests which are not definitive and provide only clues and general insight into the health of patients! The NHS is under immesense pressures to reduce refferal rates, to make efficiency savings on top off their own surgeries implicit rationing as outpatient referrals detract from their overall pratice budget - It needs to remain profitable and an array of conlifciting interests - don't be naive in your right to health-care.. we've a right to healthcare but not a general right to suffcient healthcare.. and until my generalist physcians stop perpetuating patients medical ignorance and provide a mutral partnership towards resolve then I continue to be victimized
    • Posted

What? How is that supposed to make me feel better?
    • Posted

Hi Rhianna

Just a quick post to say that I'm on your side.  I've only ever had GAD as a side issue to my bipolar, nothing compared to what you are suffering, and going against some of the less kind comments here, I belive in you, keep going :-)  I'm following your thread with interest

xxx

• Posted

Hey,

Sorry my comment wasn't intended to add towards your emotional distress, this section of the forum has a very broad group of patients suffering varying degress of anxiety yet most of us are here because we've been lead to believe we've medically unexplained symptoms. Discussions seem largely dominated by those who have anxiety disorders and irrational fears providing conflicting/incompatible advise and a false sense of security to the rest of us who have merely been dismissed as anxious because of sharing characteristics suggestive of a patient suffering with anxiety

I've had varying/general non-specific symptoms vascular & circulatory, gastrointenstional & digestive, musculoskeletal & neurological which I feel many symptoms are attributed to my unhealthy dietary & lifestyle habits.. It's potentially harmful giving reassurance and for other MUS patients that are reading them when we know little about the person or their situation and circumstance I hope I'm in denial but doesn't change the discrimitive and prejudice attidudes I've endured by people who qualify as healthcare professionals rolleyes

• Posted

I'm not ganna lie I'm anxious and thick dos I have no idea what you're saying lol. And thank you Lizzie!!!! Xxxxxx
  • Posted

Anxiety is mostly felt when some change happens in one's life. That is perfectly normal. If one feels all the time like being on the egde, then its a matter of concern. Rather than act like a victim or share stories here, getting a medical check-up or a hospital visit will be much helpful. 
    • Posted

Bob I think the reason ppl are sharing there stories on here is for one this is what the site is for and for 2 to show ppl that there r not the only ones that are going through this. As an Anxiety sufferer having someone to relate to and someone who understands how I feel is makes me feel better. And I'm sure it does others also. And a medical checkup is not all they need. They need support from others.
    • Posted

oh dear there's some closed minded people out there!!!! It's easier for us to come online and share our stories because in the real world we get judged and made to feel stupid by people like you!!!! Iv been to the docs plenty of times and iv been on meds for a long time too so it is ongoing xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.