Hard Upper abdominal mass PAIN

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I have a history of IBS-C and GERD, was on ranitidine but now forced to switch to pepcid because of recall & miralax in order to go.

Past few weeks i have developed worsening pain in my left upper quadrant front and sometimes migrating to back. A few days ago i noticed a hard mass to the left of my belly button and above. It has grown increasingly more painful , especially to touch . Very sore and sensitive! Pain is worse after eating(along with nausea) and when laying down and even when i move i can feel this "mass" move as if its in the way!

Any ideas what it could be ? I don't think it is due to my constipation as the rest of my lower abdomen is soft and i am still having bowel movements.

Could it be my pancreas or hernia ? I'm very scared and uncomfortable constantly as I can feel it all the time now and my abdomen is so sensitive to touch.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen a gastroenterologist?

• Posted

no not for this specific issue , but given whats currently going on in the world , no one is taking new patient appointments 😕

• Edited

As soon as it is safe follow up with your Gastro, maybe do a ct scan, But for now try to relax, get a phone appt with your doc, many will telemed with video. It is hard to say what it may be, could be a hernia, did you lift anything to heavy, have an injury recently, This virus wont last forever, in a few months we will be able to continue seeing docs and till then many are doing phone and video chats. Take advantage of this. Till then, keep track of your symptoms and notes for the phone appt. I also use miralx and make sure you are suing enough, dose is a but diff for each person. I dont need the full dose they say as it is to much for me, about half the dose works for me, so is your dose ok, are you pooing ok, no hard stools etc.

My best advice is talk to your doc by phone for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.