Harm OCD & Weird Head Sensations

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey guys.. I'm really getting sick of this. It started out as me feeling a bit anxious. My chest has been feeling like there's pressure on it, like a small dog is sitting on it. It also, aches. Right below my collarbone, has been feeling tingly, too. Right after I started feeling anxious, my harm OCD came around (I hate it the most). I was sitting at the kitchen table, while my mom was in the kitchen, and there was a small glass bottle of hot sauce...

I kept getting scared that I would bash my mom in the head with the glass bottle, and I immediately walked past her to put it up. I also, had to clean my bowl and fork. You can guess what those thoughts were... I'm scared of myself.

Right now, I'm having a pressure around my head, especially on my forehead. There's also, been some slight burning sensation on the back of my head. I've never experienced that before; just that tingling sensation, or a vibrating one.

I've also, had to remind myself to do things several times, like when it came to moving the laundry from the wash to the dryer. I forgot I was cooking noodles, and almost left a pot of water by itself! That forgetfulness started WAY before I got really anxious.

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hon you might want to schedule an MRI or a CAT scan just to make sure everythings ok. It doesnt sound right to me. What is your harm OCD? I mean what things have you acted on when you feel that way and do you just fight it and watch it play out in your head? How long have you had that?
    • Posted

you are okay us with anxiety have intrusive thoughts sad like Jessicat stated try not to give importance to them smile I know it's hard 💕
    • Posted

I basically, just got called "crazy." That's why I didn't say anything, for a while.
    • Posted

you are not crazy ! some people need to think before they say anything because their words make things worse rolleyes you are okay I promise it will pass I have been there they are only thoughts they can't hurt you love
    • Posted

me too sad I have to say who I Am where I am etc just to show I'm okay
    • Posted

I'm getting sick of everything. And my mom won't respond to my text messages about her taking me to therapy. I don't have a car, because I haven't learned how to drive completely. My mom started teaching me, but she decided after she got a new car, she didn't want to anymore. Now, I have to get a job and save up money to go to driving school, so I can get my license. I only have a permit right now. I've had it for 2 year's now! But I can't get a job, until I get into therapy first. I don't feel comfortable with getting a job, before I get help. I keep getting told to try online therapy, and I have. It doesn't work that much. No offense, but most of the people are a**holes. rolleyes
    • Posted

I'm so sorry sad I don't have a job either don't feel bad I think I need therepy to feel more comfortable plus online therepy is a lot of money not a lot of people can afford it I know it's hard and it doesn't seem like it will get better but I promise u it will can u call and set up a app with a dr to see a therapist ? 💕
    • Posted

I already talked to my doctor. She told me to go up to the clinic to get an appointment for therapy... I called the Clay Behavioral clinic, that's near me, and the automated voice machine told me that I had to go up there to schedule an appointment. My mom won't answer my text message about it, and I'm getting sick of EVERYTHING. I had to post on Facebook, asking if anyone would take me tomorrow through Thursday. Either of those days. No one has said anything. That was hours ago. Not very many people care about me getting better, it seems. And if I had a license AND a car, I would already be getting this crap out of the way...But I don't. I'm sick of everyone acting like I'm not doing anything for myself. I'm trying. sad It doesn't help that so many people think I'm faking it. My own boyfriend said he thinks I'm mostly paranoid.
    • Posted

I'm so sorry ;( I don't have a car either and my family tells me to call a cab when I ask for rides to Drs app like I'm okay gee thanks rolleyes I feel like ppl don't understand how horrible mental illness is and you are not paranoid your brain is just over tired that's all
    • Posted

Yes. They don't take it serious. And a lot of people I know, aren't used to me dealing with this. It's not like I've had it for years & years. Y'know? I've only had it since November of last year.
    • Posted

I cant imagine how hard that must be. I live in Canada and we have specific emergency hospitals dedicated to mental health.

Is there anything similar there?

• Posted

It's called a mental hospital, and excuse my FRENCH, but f*** that. I'm not going there. I'm not schizo.
    • Posted

lol that's such a negative attitude.

They treat everything from light anxiety to PTSD to abuse victims and a lot more.

You really shouldn't just assume everyone is crazy. Anxiety is a mental illness for a lot of people, and it seems like it's also a mental illness for you. It might be something to look into.

• Posted

I'm not going to a mental hospital. Ik a lot of people, who have been there, and only 1 person has liked it (she was schizo).
    • Posted

You said yourself that you thought that you were going to "bash my mom in the head with the glass bottle", you're clearly not okay.

It's a facility to get therapy, it's not a mental hospital where they lock you up.

You have issues, and you owe it to yourself to get better.

• Posted

I'm not going to LITERALLY do it, jack***. 
    • Posted

we're all trying to help, there's no need to be rude 
    • Posted

Well, if you want to help, stop saying I'm going to actually act on those horrible thoughts. Because if I were actually wanting to, I wouldn't be so worried about the thoughts!
    • Posted

lol but the thoughts themselves are bad and you want them to stop, right?
    • Posted

lol okay, but like i said before, if you ever need anything, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.