has any one developed IBS after abdominal hysterectomy?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Looks like i have, having been to gp. Now 5 weeks post op. Chronic fatigue cos of frequently disturbed sleep is worst. Anyone know anything?

Thanks

Julie

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Following. Have you been waking up through the nights due to bowel movements or just that you feel pain in the bowel ? X
  • Posted

I suffer IBS anyway but symptoms vary.  Did you have a posterior (bowel) repair as well as this may have triggered something.  Or if you have diarrhoea then maybe you have some sort of infection following the op.  I would get to the dr's asap.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Shani

x

• Posted

Thanks. Been tested and no infection, just had TAH nothing involving bowel so IBS is mysterious
  • Posted

Hi Julie  i am now 14 weeks post op and yes I feel like ive developed IBS following a TAH. My surgeon said he hadnt touched by bowel but im having to use Molaxole to keep things moving but then things go the other way. I have swelly belly too most of the time and worse after exertion.
  • Posted

Well I am 4 weeks post TAH and feel more like I have had bowel surgery! Started with diarrhoea in hospital. They thought they had given too much lactulose. But just ongoing problem really of constipation then the opposite, even in course of a day. Some evenings my stomach just churns, some nights I get up cos it is churning. Lots of gurgling, bad wind ( sorry!) seems similar to IBS just keep hoping will settle. Due to see Dr tomorrow , but I am not sure what to do either. These symptoms causing me the most trouble at present. Hope you get things sorted. I know how annoying it is , seem to spend ages in the toilet sometimes, at least we have 2 I suppose!  Take care. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.