Has any one else got this problem along with LS?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anyone else with ls got dry skin everywhere?

I have LS amongst other problems and now I have just been prescribed Hydromol double base gel for washing and moisturising my face and any other part of my body that needs it. I already wash with Epaderm but I have started to notice dry flaky skin on my face, legs, arms and body. I feel like I am shrivelling like a prune. Honestly I spend so long applying moisturiser on my body in various places these days, It takes twice as long to get ready. I wish they would invent a spray that we could just spray on.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have the same problem. Here in Canada vasoline has a product called 'spray and go' which might help. Haven't yet tried it.
  • Posted

Hi, Thanks for that, I will have a look in our pharmacists here in UK. I hope it is perfume free.
  • Posted

Yes, I have developed dry itchy patches around my waist. I also have a tendency to get patches on my face. I did wonder if they were related to LS.
  • Posted

That's interesting. I was only diagnosed in November 2013. Over the last couple of months I've had very dry skin on my hands -am constantly applying E45 cream and various other patches of dry skin that I haven't encountered before
  • Posted

hello chrissie

Thats were i first started with it round my waist i could not stand anything touching it was so painful, And white patches came on my breast about six weeks later then i stated feeling itchy below. doctor said at first he didn't know what it was or the patchers on my breast. i was started on this treatment but nothing was working at first then i was in so much pain i had to return back to the doctor. I seen a different doctor she said i had to go for testing for cancer with what she seen down below that was last june. its under control with the use of Epaderm and dermovate betnavate they tried at first but that didn't work.. I now have bladder proplems leaking bladder they told me this is due to the LS. The tube to the bladder is now very small so i cant hold very long. so i started to use tena ladys but doctor says they will not help my LS. i was told it can spread to other parts of the body so far nothing came on my legs or arms or face. I was clear of cancer thank the lord. I notice when i am due for a flare up i go very tired and cant stay awake. doctor says best thing is to sleep when i feel like this they say i am a bad case regarding LS.

• Posted

Reading your post about the leaking , I had a sling put across my bladder to support but because of a clotting problem and surgeon fearful of me bleeding he placed it across not as usual from front to back , this has been a disaster had further surgery to trim the tape as it had pushed through the vagina wall , still can't make up my mind to have further surgery to take a muscle from my stomach and use this but is major surgery and very reluctant to go through this , all this has been caused by as you had said by the LS . What the surgeon did say was very true this side effect of the urethan shrinking , vaginitis and long term LS has a devastating effect

on women the incontinence leaking taking up major part of your day , pads , wet pants sneezing wearing dark trousers ect . I am having a particular poor time with a series of UTI,s all caused by this debilitating

condition . Have found that not drinking coffee helps anything that doesn't irritate the bladder .

• Posted

nana g

on the testing they said it had become very irritated. i had a frontwall repair done in 2008 everything was fine till i got this LS but they say they dont want to do it again. but i am being kept under medical care every three months. And yes i was told coffee would irritate more. her advice was just drink water . just think more before you consider having more surgery like you said i was told it would take longer to heal up.. And the more we have down there the weaker the bladder becomes.

• Posted

I have bladder problems but had NO idea that they were related to LS. I thought they were just due to being older. I know having children can cause this problem, but I never had kids. My first patch was a gigantic place between my breasts and then on to my waist, vaginal area, and now up my back.

I too have patches of dry skin on my face. I had associated them with too much sun, but now I wonder if they could be LS?......

• Posted

i cant sit in the sun it hurts since i have had this. you become sensitive to it thats what i found so i make sure i always keep covered up. i will not sit out in it my daughter asked me why i told her everything she needed to know on why. so i stay in the shade as much as i can when i'm with the family. with all the oil i use my nails are nice .
  • Posted

i would never go out the country now it would be to hot and that would not help the skin heal. i think you know what is good for you . my daughters wanted to take me but i told them no i don't want to suffer. i have been told bio oil is very good but can be costly to use.
  • Posted

I have dry skin everywhere and often have a very itchy back as a result. Awkward place to moisturise!! I agree that you can spend a lot of time putting on creams and quick as a flash it all comes off after a shower, so you have to start all over again. Take care.

Horses

• Posted

We go abroad quite a lot, but I always wear factor 30 once-a-day sun lotion (ultrasun). I also never sit out in the direct sun but stay in the shade all the time. In this way I have avoided burning - I have never had sunburn since way back in the early 60s before we had sun lotions!

However, we recently had a week in Cape Verde in February, and though it wasn't too hot and I took all the usual precautions and I had no sunburn or even the slightest colouring, a couple of weeks afterwards all the skin started to rub off my legs, just in tiny flakes, so the bed looked like a snowstorm every morning! All the lotions and scrubs didn't help, it just seemed to have to go through the process of shedding a complete layer of skin - presumably because it had dried out so much being exposed to warm sunshine after a winter under thick tights! I shall be more careful to moisturise in future!

• Posted

I find a few drops of E45 bath oil in the bath water is great for all-over moisturising.
  • Posted

Hi Jodie,

I tend to take showers these days, any solutions?

Chrissie, I was in Cape verde in February!!! How incredible if we were in the same hotel! Not very likely as ours turned out to be a big disappointment. Sabura? Anyway, I remember thinking that the sunshine would do us good, although it was very windy every day. I didn't shed skin thank heavens. Are you able to wear thick tights? I wear loose trousers mainly, which my husband isn't crazy about!!

Bye for now.

• Posted

Hi Joodie - I'm allergic to E45 I'm afraid. And I don't take baths, only showers - but thanks for the suggestion.

All the Kings Horses - no, we were in a wonderful hotel, the Riu Touareg on Boa Vista island, and had a fantastic week. They had big areas of the beach sheltered with huge sand-coloured translucent wind breaks, with all the sunbeds inside those, so it was a wonderful solution to the wind. We loved it and plan to go back next year, but I will make sure to moisturise better next time.

I do wear thick tights, but 100% cotton ones, and only when I'm wearing a skirt. If I'm wearing trousers they have to be fairly loose and I wear socks.

Best wishes

Chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.