Has any one else got this problem along with LS?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anyone else with ls got dry skin everywhere?

I have LS amongst other problems and now I have just been prescribed Hydromol double base gel for washing and moisturising my face and any other part of my body that needs it. I already wash with Epaderm but I have started to notice dry flaky skin on my face, legs, arms and body. I feel like I am shrivelling like a prune. Honestly I spend so long applying moisturiser on my body in various places these days, It takes twice as long to get ready. I wish they would invent a spray that we could just spray on.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone.

Really interesting to hear of so many of you having dry skin. My hands also get very dry now. Particularly the palms which I find strange. Just found a hand cream by Vaseline for healthy hands and stronger nails. Magic. No allergic reaction YET!!!! 3 days on and the improvement is dramatic.

Thanks for the suggestion of E45 oil. Unfortunately can't bathe as I only have a shower. I have found a sun lotion oil spray which I use on holiday that touch wood I am not allergic to. All your chat about holidays has made me realise that I could try that. Going to give it a go.

I also wear trousers now. I try to wear loose linen ones. Look a bit scruffy some times but hey I am comfortable in them. That is my priority. Hubby doesn't mind as long as I am comfy.

I am going to try a long dress this summer. I wear a brace on my foot which doesn't look glamorous in a dress but I have found a pair of sandals that I can wear with it that don't look too bad.

Best wishes

Chrisy

• Posted

I've read so many horror stories about surgery that I think I will have to really think hard before agreeing to any. Poor you Nana g and jean.
  • Posted

hi,

you can get the e45 shower emollient aswell is avaliable in most places like superdrug,boots and chemists. it interesting reading your posts about leaky uretha as i thought this was happening to me at one paint but then im only 26 and would hope i have a few years before that starts happening to me.

• Posted

I've had psoriasis all my life along with LS, so dry skin is normal to me. Interesting that you who have been recently diagnosed have also recently developed dry skin. I use the same two vegetable oil-based creams/ointments on my dry bits as on the LS.
  • Posted

I use Eumovate cream for flare ups but I also use double base gel for washing with and wipe after

Urinating with a tissue with double base gel on

I also moisturise with coconut oil which seems to combat any dryness

I also have a collapsed bladder for which I wear a pessary. I would never have an op to hold up

The bladder I have heard so many story's

I also do pelvic floor excercise at least three times daily (for safety)

I never wear underwear or tights and would never use pads as I think they are not good for L S

But I do have one cup of coffee a day and I am vegetarian

I also have Vitiligo which is another auto immune and gives white patches all over

And an under active thyroid which lots of LS people get

But generally I have nothing to complain off

But I would recommend Double base gel. It can be used by babies and oldies like me safely and it can be used as a moisturiser I get mine on prescription (UK) It can also be bought online Amazon and purchased in

Chemists

But as I say I really have no need to complain but like to keep on top of the LS

I have a good Gyneo lady also who keeps up to date with LS

She also told me to take so supplement called omega7 with Buckthorn which helps with moisturising in and out the body these you have to purchase and I have been taking for two months now and feel a difference

Hope some of this is helpful

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Really glad I started this conversation. So much good info. I will definately try the omega7 with buckthorn. sounds interesting to moisturise from within.

Thankyou so much everyone.

• Posted

I wish I had the confidence to go without underwear. I would worry about a leak.
  • Posted

i thought of trying omega 7 And i know what you mean about going without underwear.
  • Posted

Well I have gone without underwear for 9 months now and I have LS I also have a collapsed bladder for which at present I have no pessary support as have just had last one removed as it had fused onto skin

I do pelvic floor vex recuses at least three times daily

And no leakage

I do admit when I get up in the night I have to rush to the toilet which luckily is next to my bedroom

I also use hormone cream twice weekly putting in before bedtime. And no leakage next day but a little the night it is inserted so do wear Knicks then

But it is nice and cooling with no Knicks try it indoors

Bet you will like it

• Posted

Thanks for that Janette but I think my leakage is too much of a problem. I can't imagine what it was like having the pessary support removed if it had fused. Poor you.

I do the exercises too and others given me by gynae but suffer with urge incontinence too which means I get little or no warning. Have good and bad times with it.

• Posted

chrisy i know what you mean, mine is the same one day i can be fine then the next wonder whats happened. With getting know warning its seems harder to treat. we still have to drink plenty if you dont you can get infection. gynae gave me some info. And told me to buy aqua flex its a pelvic floor exercise system for our kind of problem i got it from boots but i had to ask for it a little costly but my thoughts were if it works its a plus. now i've just started using it. And spoken to a lady who used it after she had given birth she said it helped her strengthen her pelvic floor again. So i will keep you posted on how i go with it.
  • Posted

Thanks Jean,

Tried aqua flex. Were good while I could use them but fusing has made them impossible to use. (for those wondering they are weights that you insert into a plastic egg shaped instrument which is pushed into the vagina, you have to use your pelvic floor muscles to hold them in) I just rely on pelvic floor exercises now. One tip I have learnt is that crossing your legs while doing them makes them work better. At least it does for me. Hard to do and took practice. Now do it while I am washing up or ironing. Sometimes I forget to do them for a while which is when I get problems. You have to be in this position to know what I mean. I try not to forget but life gets in the way sometimes.

I wish I didn't have all these probs. Just been told again If I lost weight .... blah blah blah. I'm trying to. They blame all my probs on my weight but I have realised most of my probs seem to be related to the LS.

At least a lot of others on this site have the same probs as me. Coincidence I don't think.

• Posted

hi chrisy

They are weights that you insert into a plastic egg shaped instrument which is pushed into the vagina, Thank you for that tip i will remember that. And chrisy they blame everything on weight . i think this site as been helpful to us with LS are you in the uk.

• Posted

Yes I live up North all though I was born near London. My hubby comes from here. The Aqua Flex sound weird but they do work. I found them painful to use later on so had to stop using them. The idea was that you have to tighten your pelvic muscles in order to keep them inside. You start with small weights and build up to heavier ones.

This site has been a godsend to me. So much good information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.