Has anybody been diagnosed with Mirrizzi's syndrome?II

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got rushed into hospital over 2 years ago, With agonising pain and very jaundiced skin, my urine was almost black and my stools were pale grey.

After a battery of tests I was told I had gallstones,  I was actually pleased as I had been having thoughts of something much worse. They sent me for a CT scan, and told me I only had 4 stones but the worst thing was the largest one was over 5 cms in diameter and was stuck in the bile duct where it joined the gall bladder, hence the name above. I ended up having 7 procedures in 3 different hospitals over an 18month period, before they finally got everything out. I just could not believe it was going to be that difficult to get rid of. I only hope none of you ever gets diagnosed with it.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Poor you. I certainly don't want that. How are you now without your gallbladder.
    • Posted

Hi Anita03601, I am finally clear from pain, but it has taken an awfully long time. Looking back I really don't know how I came through all the procedures. But looking forward that is one more thing that shouldn't come back again, fingers crossed. Thanks for your support,

sandrog

• Posted

Hi hope your ok now :-) how long did u have jaundice for and did they do anything to help clear the jaundice? Just asking as my mum has bad jaundice and is in hospital atm thanks Emma x
  • Posted

I don't think I have this because my stools and urine don't look as bad as that but this has really sparked a lot of thought. I'm getting pains everywhere that make me think that I am either hemmoraging, getting a heart attack or worse. Thanks for this though. Are you doing ok now?
    • Posted

Hi tamsyn59552, Yes I am finally pain free from my long ordeal. I certainly would not wish that on my worst enemy. You should go to see your GP as soon as possible, if your pain is that bad.

Good luck sandrog

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.