Has anybody else had DD stomach cramps for over 3 months?

Posted , 8 users are following.

After several visits to A&E and GP (who diagnosed IBS) it's finally been confirmed that I have symptomatic DD. I have been in pain 24/7 and vary from diarrhoea and constipation. have tried everything I can think of - liquid diet, bland diet nothing seems to help. Am sick of waking up every morning with chronic stomach cramps. Used to be very active and enjoy life but have been knocked for six with this. Does anyone have any advice? I'm a 67 year old female desperate to get back to normal!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi new to this my dad is the sufferer he has constant pain unfortunately he was put on oxi CODINE so is now addicted as well as having DD. He is mis using this pain relief so on top of everything else goes cold turkey with no pain relief at all for at least one to two days a week. Doctor says he is doing more than he should for him which means an appointment at the surgery every other week on the day after he picks up his weekly prescription. Dad's diet is terrible and he chain smokes in top of this my mum dies of lung cancer a year ago so depression is playing a part. I cannot get any help for him the doctor just does not want to know he offers help supposedly and my dad supposedly is turning it down. What can I do for him he is refusing to come off of the codine so therefore has been signed off from the drug counserlours I am so frustrated and now realise it is a much bigger problem as there are so many more people in constant pain this cannot be right!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.