Has anybody felt this way before..

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone. Just discovered this site today, in advance i do apologize for the bad grammer or for any words i dont spell right and in advance i do wanna thank everyone who takes the time to read this i highly appreciate it. So i dont know where to start ..it started jan 17th i believe from what i could remember the day was going well i was at home doing what i usually do feeling normal! It started at night i hadn't had dinner nor did i end up having dinner the only thing i had was 4 chocolates and two jellos.. Went to my room got online to play some games after about 1 am i decided to go to bed turned the light off and boom i started feeling slightly dizzy more like i was high but i wasnt anyways i started to panic turned the light on and started freaking out why do i feel this way .. I tried sleeping it off but couldn't..anyways ever since that day ive felt. Kinda high my mood has been so down ..i feel kinda like a zombie bearly any emotions i dont feel the same as before ..ive been having anxiety ever since just thinking to much. I just wanna feel normal again ..ive always been super happy always been the one trying to make everyone laugh joking now i just dont feel like that anymore ..im scared sometimes i wonder if im going crazy or what ..has anybody ever felt like this before ??? Sorry for this super long post..

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I just wanted to add that ..i lost my job a few months ago.. I have ibs and im currently in a flare up .. And have other stressful situations going on. Can this be why i feel this way? Can it be my flare up? I just feel like im not me anymore ..brain fogg, thinking too much, feeling like a zombie , feeling anxious ..feeling like im high ..this is just overwhelming.
    • Posted

I 'm no expert but it sure sounds like anxiety.  Thinking to much is the problem so you need to get out and talk with friends and stay active,  And yes, get a new job.  Stress and digestive issues like IBS are all related to anxiety and virseversa so you need to take care of what you eat. Less or no Gluten, dailry and even soy for a couple of weeks to see if you get better.   Don't google symptoms because it will not get better. Just post on forums like this and people with similar problems should be able to help you.  My case is a little different, mnes started 2 1/2 years ago when from one day to another I was told I had HBP, High Cholsterol, IBS, Nerver damage, Chroni Sinus, Reflux/Gastritis and COPD so my aniety just took over.  Yes, I had less anxiety at war than here when they told me this in a period os 30 days or so. But after clerance from just about everything I'm beter but still dealing with one unasnered question which is another anxiety booster. ;-(  Which is actually under control. ;-)
    • Posted

3papote thank you so much for taking your time and replying to my super long post. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that i could just imagine everything you've gone through, but im also happy you're feeling better and i know youll keep getting better, stronger and keep fighting to be the best person you can be once again thank you so much. I definitely think anxiety is playing a big role into why im feeling like this plus my ibs, losing my job etc. Ive definitely started eating better ..and really do gotta go out more after losing my job i haven't done much ..i could honestly say i havent gone out at all .. Only to go grocery shopping. Man its just crazy going from feeling fine to feeling different..brain fog , that horrible feeling of being high all the crazy thoughts coming in..i wouldn't wish this on no one not even my worst enemy ..
  • Posted

Hi Jey

are you sure it's anxiety?   Could be vertigo as a result of an inner ear infection. The dizziness causes the Anxiety. See your doc. It's worth checking out, for sure. 

L

• Posted

Linda thank you so much for reading my post. And taking your time to reply..ive never been properly diagnosed. But i have no doubt i have some form of anxiety.. Im definitely gonna go to the dr's. Pretty soon ..i wanna get my ears checked out and i also wanna do some blood work to see if everything is ok regarding diabetes or anything like that ..like i mentioned to 3papote after losing my job i haven't really gone out other than going grocery shopping ..all ive done is watch tv, and eat.. I wonder if being stressed out losing my job me flaring up has caused all of this ..its just overwhelming.
    • Posted

you c[u]ould also consider get your thyroid checked.  When our thyroid is out of balance, all our bodies chemistry is out of whack.  Would be good to rule that out as well. Hope you find peace of mind soon.[/u]
    • Posted

Hi Jey,

okay, sounds like you're under a wee bit of stress - no surprise you feel anxious. You're right to have the doc check you out. I have found that the best thing I do for myself when I'm anxious is to walk. Regular walks - day and evening are very helpful in reducing stress - exercise plus is calming and keeps you in touch with the outside. Getting groceries is positive. Nothing wrong with cuddling up inside to lick your wounds, but it gets boring after a while. Get out, at least a bit and you will definitely feel more connected. Call a friend or meet for coffee you WILL get better. This will pass!

Best,

linda

• Posted

Your so right about vertigo because this happens to me a lot went to doctors got tested also emergency room turns out it was vertigo its awful the room spins when I close my eyes so I just lay there with my eyes open until it goes away telling myself I'm fine this has happened every since menopause
    • Posted

Hi Monique,

Did they give you any suggestions on how to help it go away?

Best,

Linda

• Posted

Me too! Almost all my fiends are in the same boat. Everyine just says to ride it theough it gets better over time. But i hate it so much. I eat a lot of ginger now and take a b complex drink a lot of water and hopeing it calms itself down forever soon. Ginger works nicely. You can add in in a juicer, buy it made from a resturant that sells sushi or boil it in a tea or they have ginger candies, but made with real ginger oieces. All work. 
    • Posted

Hey michaelall thank you so much for reading and replying to my post ill definitely be doing that really soon
  • Posted

Hi, Jeyr:  First of all, try not to eat chocolate before you go to bed.  That stimulates your nerves and can give you a very bad panic attack.  Stay away from caffeine if you can for a few day.

One time I had a doctor appt. and I dreaded getting on the scales.  I'm not overweight, but I had anorexia many years ago, so I hate scales...I purposely didn't eat anything. When I got home I tried to take a nap, but it was too late..I had already caused a panic attack by not eating.  I tried to fall asleep, but the room started spinning, and I got so dizzy, started shaking, hot flashes, cold chills, the works..It was a full blown panic attack.  After that, of course, I had to see a doctor and get on the right meds for me.

Yes, that was a panic attack, sweetie..hope you don't have any more.  Hope you will see a good doctor who specializes in panic disorder and then you will feel much better.  I never drive coffee unless it is decaf..Hope this helps...HUGS.

• Posted

Hey carole thank you for reading and replying to my post ..holy crap im so sorry you had to go through that .. How are you feeling now?? Im definitely staying away from anything sugary ive been eating way better than i was before.. Yesterday was one of the worst nights ever ..everything was going ok till i went to bed ..i couldnt sleep at all i think ive only slept a total of 4 hours.. I couldn't stop thinking had a rush of just weird thoughts that didnt make sense ..after that i just couldnt stay still kept tossin and turning i could feel the anxiety .. Started panicking.. Im just really scared that im losing it ..its crazy how you can go from being totally fine to all of this in a matter of days .. I just wanna feel normal and happy again .. Have you felt this way before?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.