Has anybody felt this way before..

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone. Just discovered this site today, in advance i do apologize for the bad grammer or for any words i dont spell right and in advance i do wanna thank everyone who takes the time to read this i highly appreciate it. So i dont know where to start ..it started jan 17th i believe from what i could remember the day was going well i was at home doing what i usually do feeling normal! It started at night i hadn't had dinner nor did i end up having dinner the only thing i had was 4 chocolates and two jellos.. Went to my room got online to play some games after about 1 am i decided to go to bed turned the light off and boom i started feeling slightly dizzy more like i was high but i wasnt anyways i started to panic turned the light on and started freaking out why do i feel this way .. I tried sleeping it off but couldn't..anyways ever since that day ive felt. Kinda high my mood has been so down ..i feel kinda like a zombie bearly any emotions i dont feel the same as before ..ive been having anxiety ever since just thinking to much. I just wanna feel normal again ..ive always been super happy always been the one trying to make everyone laugh joking now i just dont feel like that anymore ..im scared sometimes i wonder if im going crazy or what ..has anybody ever felt like this before ??? Sorry for this super long post..

1 like, 23 replies

Report / Delete

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You welcome.-)  Just keep in mind that once you are cleared from your Doctors the sky will be blue again, earth wil not feel like is moving at high speed or floating and life will have a meaning again.   Don't ever give up on yourself even if is really dark and undersatnd not to many people will understand you unless they have the same problem so your best place to be is here, and forums like this.  I took biofeedback for a few weeks and it helped with the dizziness so if you need the details let me know and I will try to explain how is done.   Just to give you an example, their was a time that watchng TV was boring because I was dead inside, and it was dark all the time.  Now, I love my TV series and I love my blue sky and I love waking up wihout earth moving at high speed or floating.  Yes, still have one problem but It will get better and so will you.

Be good

Jose

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Jose, you have no idea what your words of encouragement mean to me and everyone elses..its been really hard since all of this started ..like i mentioned to carole yesterday night was one of my worst nights ever ..i couldn't sleep had a rush of confusing thoughts started panicking .. I notice these past 3 days ill wake up and just feel nervous ..are these all symptoms of anxiety..did you ever feel like you were losing it? I think thats my biggest fear .. I just keep asking myself how can i go from feeling happy and normal to this in a matter of days ..this isnt right its down right terrifying ..i would love to hear more about biofeedback i would highly appreciate it.. It makes me smile knowing youre doing good now and i know youll keep getting better. Man ill do anything to be able to wake up super excited just like the old days. I have faith ill get their ..im so thankful i found this site and everybody in here.. Gives me hope .. Thank you so much ..
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Ibs in itself is streesful and painful. Could it be from the meds of the ibs? Ins depletes b12 too you should ask your doctor to run a b12 test. Honestly you can but b12 you put it under your tongue to dissolve and wait until it dissolves and just have that everyday it will absorb throug your bloodstream that way.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi lisalisa thank you for replying and reading my post ..ive had ibd for about 9 yrs now and ive never felt this way before ... Thats what confuses me and scares me ..i started reading about beeing low on surten vitamens and how that can cause anxiety and other symptoms so ill definitely be getting that checked out when i go to the drs ..once again thank you !
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Again, ;-)

First you are not going crazy and yes thinking to much will do the damage to you.

Yes, just like you I felt like I wasn't me anymore ..brain fog, thinking too much, feeling like a zombie , feeling anxious.  It all started from one day to another, before that I was this America Hero feeling like a king.  I served 26 years in the Military, 3 wars and many, many deployments leaving my family alone.  But never had the problem I had 2 1/2 years ago when this all started. Shopping at Walmart was a struggle, dark, confusing, I could not breath.   Yes, in my case it was all that hit me at once ( different medical conditions) which took me out of my comfort zone because I was always healthy, top in my class and ready to take what ever comes in front of me.  Well, not really because this got to me and it was a new world I could not handle...or so I tough. ;-)  Feeling dizzy all day long was not helping me so I decided to target that first so I made an appointment to take biofeedback. It took like 2-3 months but it worked. ;-)  The best one I found that helped me specially with a nice relaxing CD was the 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise.  Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four. Hold your breath for a count of seven. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound for a count of 8.  Now, you do all this using your stomach ( not your chest)  You can sit or lay completely back on the floor and put one hand on your stomach to make sure the air is coming and going from the stomach.  Repeat this 4-8 times each time and you can do it twice daily or every 3 hours which ever makes you feel better.  Do it every single day.  I'm not saying this will help you because we all are different, but hopefully it will.  Now, no chocolates and jellos before bed time and no food the last 2-3 hours before bed.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey again jose, thats one of my problems right now just over thinking everything to much .. I just want all of this to go away ..did you ever have bad nightmares? And woken up in a sweat? Thank you so much for the. Biofeedback i just tried it and will continue to do so i appreciate it so much. Man Thats an amazing career, 26 yrs 3 wars theirs no doubt you are a True Hero and thank you for your service. You've been through so much and still standing strong, that inspires me. Im feeling kinda anxious right now i hope im able to sleep better tonight..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your nice words ;-)   Yes, I had many bad nightmares and woken up in sweats but in my case it was more like the medication I was taking and side effects.  Vivid dreams and even monsters, Yes...Monsters. ;-(  But once I woke up, 1am or 3am I will not go back to sleep.  My mind will take over and the night was over. ;-) My wife did not understand my problem specially for someone like me which she always saw as a super hero. But eventually she learned and supported me all the way.  I'm also sensitive to medication so it was a long struggle to get something to work for me but at the end we found one that did. I took control on how I eat and what I eat and one by one I got better.  Still have one condition and they are still running test but right now that is not causing any anxiety.  I guess with time you learn to deal with part of it.   But yes, sweats and nightmares is art of anxiety. Now, be very carefull because the lack of sleep will just get you more depressed.   I learned not to watch an action movie at night, but instead a slow boring program that wil not get your attention.  Sure, is always better to read a book which will help you sleep. When you wake up in the middle of the night think about something nice you had before or something you enjoy very much and do the deep briething. Remember, you need to see a Doc first so any medical condition is out of the way and you know for a fact is just in your mind. I believe the best cure for anxiety is learn not to fear death and accept any medical condition you may have.  But I trully believe in your case is pure anxiety so when you overthink and start feeling strange, take a step back and smile and say this is all in my mind and life is beautiful. I'm healthy, I'm strong and I'm moving forward. ;-)
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey again : ) it feels good to know im not the only one going through something like this ..you have no idea how greatful i am for everything you've told me for reading and responding to my post it really means alot. And that also goes for everyone in here im so greatful. Every time i read your story it gives me hope and i thank you for that. I just wanted to let you know its been up and down yesterday and today .. Good news is im going to the dr's this weekend .. But today anxiety kicked in its been horrible, i wasnt able to sleep last night and today i did the mistake of reading something that scared me some guy had posted something in another forum and that just made me feel worse.. Im definitely staying away from that site. Its crazy how just a few weeks ago i was cracking jokes ..happy to be watching my shows etc and now im just an emotional mess.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up