Has anybody had this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on 20mgs for 6 weeks, total 18 weeks moving up 10 to 15 to 20. Have had a really good 2 weeks, back to fairly normal. Got new packet of cit, different brand, started them Friday and have 3 days of hell, all the start up side effects and more! I believe that it could be due to different generic brand GP said no and sent me to a and e for serotonin syndrome, doc there said no it wasn't. Has anybody else had brand change problems, if so how long did they last and did it settle or am I just having a back to square one blip?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I felt odd and went to the chemist who filled the prescription and he swapped my unopened packs for a different brand and o was fine after that.  It’s possible you’re having a blip as it does take ages for these flipping things to take hold, hormones play a part too xxxx I hope you feel better soon xxx
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, I suppose it was just disappointing to go right back to the beginning when I had come so far, not my first time on cit but don't remember it being so hard and long last time, hormones are def b****ts, that is what made me take them before but can't blame them this time. Oh well hey ho tomorrow is another day, aren't we the lucky ones, life would be so boring if we knew what every day was going to be like, not 🙂

• Posted

If I did it again I wouldn’t rush up to 20mg. See how you go with 10mg for a good while? 
    • Posted

Hi dee, sorry must have missed your reply last night, I am already on 20 and have been for over 6 weeks, that dose was working fine till the brand changed, understand about not increasing in a rush, so many docs just keeping upping the dose almost as if they have no other answers.

Hope you have a good day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.