Has anybody had this ? Strange dizziness and weird feeling

Posted , 15 users are following.

I managed to pull myself together and go out ‘for an  hour’  and for ‘one drink ‘ home by 9pm as I’m screwed if I don’t go to bed early .

I got a dizziness when I arrived home that was so weird thought I was going to faint ... not like vertigo at all  . I then proceeded to feel ‘weird’ even when in bed and had to take 1/2 Xanax as was panicky . Almost like my mind had been taken over . 

Wondered if anybody else had this ? Was I dehydrated or is this just another meno symptom ? 

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yep everyday all day long it's horrible I pray constantly for relief that never comes it's so scary hang in there your not alone in this symptom this is the one symptom that has plagued me to no end

• Posted

I used to get that a lot. I had a few different types of dizziness for a while. One was related to anxiety...another was a middle ear thing. Did the Xanax take it away?

And the other type of dizziness I had was hot flash related

So dizziness during peri, for me...was an everyday thing forba long time in one form or another. I still get all of it...but much less frequently these days

• Posted

Yes the Xanax put me asleep thank God I went to a very dark place mentally after this episode . Thought I was going to vomit... literally felt ill . I had only one drink and didn’t finish it ..... but had done a big workout before so maybe I was dehydrated . Anyway it’s awful and sure all to do with hormones dipping 🙄

• Posted

Yes, Lori, too much lately. I was NEVER one to vomit. Can't tell you how many times it's happened over the last year. Sometimes it's in the evening, after a few beers. Sometimes it's in the afternoon. I drink at least a gallon of water a day. Can't believe it's dehydration! Maybe? With this menopause hell who knows??? Hope you're feeling better. Hugs!

• Posted

Can you try to describe yourself? I have had weird " dizziness" on and off for a year and a half now although it has improved tremendously. Drinking makes mine worse. It cause awful anxiety. I take a low rise of slow release Xanax . Seen lots of Drs. Long story.

• Posted

Describe your dizziness, not yourself, lol... I also had a few types of dizziness
  • Posted

Hi Lori - Did it feel like a fuzzy feeling in your brain?  I often refer to it as “having my brain sucked out” I often thought mine was just caused from Brain Fog, but I now think it has something to do with a hot flash/flush.  I also feel like my blood sugar also dips when this happens - Oy Vey!
    • Posted

Yes. Like a pressure In my head thought I was going to vomit and even laying down felt weird and panicky like a DARK feeling .
    • Posted

Hi Lori - I think it’s all part of a hot flash/flush & for me, it’s like my body gets short circuited for a bit - I generally have to go lay down after it happens cause I feel “woozy” and yes, have felt nauseous afterwards.

• Posted

Yes exactly .... woozy feeling . It was horrible as I had had a nice relaxing evening out .

And then pow ! 

• Posted

Debra - this is exactly how I would describe the flash/flush I had this week. I had two of them this week and had to lay down - no choice. Felt faint but not faint - hard to describe. Was so thankful I was at home!
  • Posted

Constantly dizzy.  Unbalanced, pressure, heavy headed... I swear I have a brain tumor...clear MRI Worst feeling ever.  ☹️
  • Posted

Hi Lori

I've had loads of different types of dizzy over the years. The one that makes me faint is generally low blood pressure. I get it when I stand up too fast, I get clammy and dizzy and it takes a heck of a lot of deep breaths to avoid hitting the deck. I suppose the main thing is not to be frightened (easier said than done). Maybe it was a combination of going out, bit anxious, not enough water and a drink. Keep practising the drinking 🍻 and keep your chin up, you're doing so well xx

• Posted

YES. I have heard this feeling.  It felt like I was wobbly legged, dizzy. Sick stomach but never got sick. Even in bed I felt this weirdness. 

I was like that for a few days. It was during flu season so I panicked, as I was away from home, and thought I was getting sick. But I never got sick, I just had those weird feelings. 

• Posted

I thought the exact same thing. Was it food poisoning or am I getting very ill?   Then I panicked myself more because I still had to fly home. It was a very weird feeling. When I walked I felt the wobbly legs , as I said In my previous post, but like I was not walking On the ground. Hard to explain. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.