Has anybody on this forum got some good reports for mirtazapine

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have been prescribed 15 mg I have been taking 50 mg of sertraline for 5 weeks but this medication was making me ill with loss of apetite and constant vomiting I need to go cold turkey for a few days and plan to start taking the new meds’ at the end of the week looking for reassurance and good reports on this medication.

i ended my sertraline yesterday.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

you wont know until you try them as they act different on everyone,I know when I started them they took effect pretty fast ,not many people seem to write posts of the good effects of them but as I said you won't know until you give them a go..... 

good luck

Kaz

• Posted

I’ve been taking 15mg for nearly a year. I tried citalopram but that made me sick. Doctor advised Mirtazapine because it contains some anti emetic so less likely to make you sick. I started slowly just taking half the 15mg for a week then increased to 15mg and been totally fine. The only side effect I had to start with was tiredness for a few days. One thing I will say though is that it does increase the appetite so you may gain weight, this wasn’t an issue for me because I was underweight. I’ve gained 2 stone and had to buy all new clothes! Bonus! 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply Lainylou I might try that method myself already lost a stone in weight after sertraline problems
  • Posted

Hi 2020 - i was prescribed Avanza (Mirtazapine) about 10 years ago. those patients I spoke to who were using it raved about it. It helped me sleep and I gained weight - which was bonus as my life of tension kept me very thin. I am still using it and have no complaints - but, as has been mentioned, the effects of the drug are individual. You should know pretty soon whether there are any complications. Best of luck, i hope it works well for you.
  • Posted

It made me sleep ..

For a while. It is non controlled. It made me 45 lbs heavier. This is the worst detox ever. I have kicked benzos, alcohol. This is by far the worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.