Has anyone been on aniexty meds?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi I'm just  about people's exspience on aniexty meds if it's helps or anything....  Im struggling with my aniexty alot. Of heart palpitations for no reason I sit down at night I feel my heart is beating to fast when I start to relax I feel like I could pass out.  I've had the ambulance out before they said my heart was double beating proble caused to aniexty. 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

They can help some.with the physical effects of anxiety, but no they cannot resolve the reasons for anxiety. To resolve issues in the long term therapy is the best option.
  • Posted

There right it's cause by anxiety and I haven't been on meds wouldn't want to be dependent on them 
    • Posted

Bear in mind they aren't guaranteed to work, and can initially make symptoms worse. I prefer anxiety. Meds aren't for me. They can work for some but don't look on them as a long term solution, best to look for therapy to help I would say. Its time better spent
  • Posted

I've had "skipped beats" for years, sometimes during extreme physical workouts. I've learned to accept those twinges of fear, realizing if I let my mind create fear, it will breed, fear creating fear building to an anxiety attack, fear breeds fear. You are in control. Sometimes I laugh out loud, if I slip into a situation, then in my mind, I know what could happen, so, why not tell yourself, it happened, and everything is fine now, why go through that thing that really can't destroy you, even if you think it can, it can't. Mind bluffing is all it is, accept that fact.
    • Posted

Aww thank you that's great information from you positive smile  will take that in mind 
  • Posted

Hi huni I'm going through the same thing as you . My panic attacks have gone but now I have heart paputations it's scary but you should know that it's not harmful! I would not take any medication from the drs you should try yoga sounds silly but it helps breathin! Do you know what's bringing your paputations on ? I'm getting paputations and anxiety through stress I'm here to help you if your worried xx
  • Posted

Yes you may have a panic dissorder. I have the same thing , heart pounds for no reason and when it subsides I`m drained. Go to your doctor you may need anti-depressants. They also control panic attacks . I am on them and I could`nt function without them now. Ask for some tranquillisers for the short term.as well  My doctor allows me them as he knows I won`t abuse them. But each doctor is different and they can be addictive. First step, see a doctor please :-)
    • Posted

Agreed always see a doctor, what works for one person may not for a other and everyone's very different when it comes to treatment. I don't get palpitations really, my panic attacks feel as if I might pass out or lose control, quite dizzy and suffocated and a lump in the throat.
    • Posted

I've had the lump feeling  in my throat and doctors just laugh they say they never heard it before I do get like I could pass out to that's when my palpation kick in lol 
    • Posted

They said they can give me very low antipeessants to start with Witch can help with aniexty  I'm going to look in net as uve never had them I no they can work for some  and some no...  She gave me some info about aniexty and said if u want to try them come back see me 
  • Posted

Hi Ambee, anxiolytic medicines definitely help to reduce symptoms. However you need to take medicines under guidance of your GP and psychiatrist along with psychotherapy. Please note that anxiety can arise due to stressful life, so please focus on changing lifestyle to reduce stress. If you are a smoker and taking alcohol, please avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
    • Posted

Hi they have gave me some paperwork said have a think about It said they have very low antipeessants that help for aniexty aswell said I can try them if I want to going to have a look  on net.  I don't smoke and drink I'm a stay at home mum and carer for my son.  And at the moment I have a enlarged   lymph node on neck a couple Witch makes me worrie and makes my aniexty more high lol
    • Posted

Hi Ambee,

You can try low dose antidepressant drugs like ‘Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors’ (Fluoxetine, Paroxetine) or ‘Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors’ (SNRIs) (venlafaxine, duloxetine) for anxiety. These drugs help to increase serotonin level in the brain and they are effective in anxiety treatment. Please take these drugs under guidance of your GP.

Beta blockers are also used in anxiety treatment to reduce symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, shaking, trembling and blushing. If you have prescribed Atenolol, it will definitely help you to reduce these symptoms.

Have you done investigations for your enlarged lymph nodes? Please consult with your GP for it and take a treatment, it will also help to reduce your anxiety.

• Posted

Hello thank you for your repile.  

I have the beta blocker but unsure on taking it as I've read bad reviews on net.  I brought some kalms as I perfer natural but I havnt tryed it yet as I wanted some reviews so been looking..  Have u tryed them before? 

My lymph node is still there in my neck I feel it's gone smaller but it's next to. The neck muscle the doctors keep saying I.  Feeling the edge of muscle but I'm not. Convince I want another scan it's been bout 6 months I've felt it.  

Sometimes I go bed and feel like I'm falling in my sleep and can't seem to settle as soon as I sort kids out and my body relax it kicks in sad

• Posted

I know its difficult but you should stop looking for reviews and looking for side effects. You will only convince yourself you are affected when you may not be. Rather than putting all your energy into looking for medication which to be honest will do you little good - especially long term, use that energy for therapy
    • Posted

Hi Ambee,

Beta blockers are definitely helpful in anxiety. Please do not look at their side effects and start taking them. You will get a symptomatic relief soon. Please try psychotherapy along with these drugs. It will definitely reduce your anxiety. As your GP is aware about lymph node enlargement, please do not worry; it may be due to local infection and your GP might have considered it while prescribing a treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.