Has anyone been on both Primolut-N and Esmya/fibristal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Ladies..this is my third visit to my lady gyanec..I am already on 10 days of Esmya/Fibristal now. I stopped the dosage of Primolut N/Ñoresthisterone 8 days ago.

But my bleeding hasn't stopped..hence I was prescribed tranexamic acid for 3 days ...but after the dosage is over my pain and bleeding are back....

Finally I have been put on Primolut N/Ñoresthisterone again for 20 days...plus continue with Esmya

Haizzzz Can someone please advise is it safe to take so many medications in the first place ..

Has anyone had a simliar situation of prolonged bleeding..

Pls advise....

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I have had 3 months of Esmya and 3 of Zoladex and tribilone to shrink fibroids and was told by gynaecologist that bleeding would stop. Previously I had 14 days of very heavy bleeding that resulted in severe and was passing huge clots, but since on the meds I have had light bleeding every day with cramps.

I am not sure about the combination of drugs either but am trying to avoid a total hysterectomy if I can so willing To stick with it despite the very difficult side effects. Seeing gynaecologist next month to see if there has been a reduction in size and to discuss if I can make it to menopause without surgery.

Good luck with your journey 

Julie 

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the reply.

May I ask if you were given ESMYA while bleeding continued and it helped reduce/stop it completely.

If so , within how many days did ESMYA start showing the results..

Because I read the forums and consult my gynaecologist and most ladies who have taken ESMYA , it has stopped their bleeding.

For me I am now on day 12 of ESMYA but I see no changes in my pain and bleeding...hence simultaneously I have been given Primolut-N/Ñoresthisterone to control bleeding..

It only confuses me as to esmya being such a strong medication is not able to give me any relief yet.

But as soon as Ñoresthisterone stops I might bleed again...

Hope you are feeling better now...

Take care.

• Posted

Hi

I started Esmya on first day of period and there was no difference for 14 days (normal length, heavy bleeding, clots etc) then bleeding continued through rest of 3 month course on a daily basis although light most days did come with quite sharp & persistent cramps and back pain with bleeding getting heavier (but not as bad as before meds) when normal period was due. You might find you also get some pinkish discharge which means the fibroids are breaking down. 

• Posted

His Julie

I've started my 3 month esyma course.wanted to know how the menstrual cycle is going to be at the end of these 3 months...and do periods start without a break.

• Posted

I went straight onto the Zoladex implants after taking Esmya so didn't have a normal period. Others have said it goes back to being heavy and quite painful.

I wish I had stayed on the Esmya as I have had a really bad time on the implants and I have been unwell and in pain every day for the last 4 months. Been to GP several times and he has been unable to stop the side effects. Got Gynaecologist appointment on 16th October for review.

I need to get her to do a CT scan to see if any reduction in size of fibroids and spread of endometriosis. It feels to me like things are getting worse and now have constant pressure on bladder, bowel and stomach. Whole abdomen very swollen and bloated. Constipation and/or diahorrea causing extreme pain and am violently sick every time I eat, so not feeling too good at all. I have spent most of the summer ill in bed which is not very fair on my son.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.