Has anyone been prescribed Tibolone (Livial) during the peri-menopause?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My GP has just prescribed me Tibolone despite me still menstruating.  Has anyone else be given this and what were the results.  Thank you.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm surprised your Gp has given you tibolone as your supposed to of not had a period for over 1yr but your Gp knows best I guess x

• Posted

Yes... I've been on it for several years. Am also on noriday but ended up having constant periods...was lucky to have a few days a month ok. I could not take the 3 week contraception pill as the week I was pill free I would get the worse ever migraines and throw up constantly for 10 hours at a time! So took noriday and that settled but wasn't strong enough took northisterone as well but it stopped working. Finally insisted on having tibolone. I was about 48 at the time....was great ended up only having period around every 3 months and only for 5 days. Just recently it's been 6 months and counting so hopefully if I'm period free for the next 6 months I can stop the noriday.

Down side is I put a lot of weight around 3 stone. Hopefully this will go after I don't need the pills as have always been thin! There is a small amount of the same drug in noriday in the tibolone but not enough to stop pregnancy. But couldn't live with constant bleeding!

• Posted

I don't have much experience with tibolone , but I've been prescribed it today , along with a prostat 3 injection that I will be having monthly. I haven't had a period since November 2015 due to having a cervical ablation. Have you had many side effects from it?

• Posted

Don't know about the injections but I did have the depo injections for a while. Unfortunately it completely knocked my endocrine system out! They didn't work either. The tibolone works great but put a load of weight on. Some of my friends said it gave them a new lease of life but I haven't noticed that!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.