has anyone else been experiencing bowel pain 3 weeks after hysterectomy?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had TAH and ovaries removed 3 weeks ago today to deal with a large fibroid. After the op my surgeon told me I also had endometriosis. Ever since I came home I have been kept awake in the early hours every night by bowel pain and noise - its not v severe but enough to wake me up at regular intervals. It got a bit better after the first 4 days but since then stays about the same every night.I am not constipated and once I have had a bm, the pain settles down....till 3am again! My GP says things feel OK and "fingers crossed, its bruising and will settle down" but after 3 weeks of not sleeping well, I am getting tired and anxious that this is not simply going to resolve itself

Has anyone else had similar at 3 weeks and what helped?

Thanks

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. I'mstill waiting for my appointment for hysterectomy but had laparoscopy in November to cut away endo and free by bladder and bowel from ovaries in readiness for this op. I had really bad bowel pain afterwards which I was told was the gas from op dispersing and to take buscapan. If you didn't have through keyhole sorry is unlikely to be the same but I wish youa speedy recovery 😊
  • Posted

Yes i did and to be honest it took several weeks for mine to sort themselve out properly.i went to docs a few times and same as you they said it was bruising

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.