Has anyone else noticed their hair getting thinner?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, as well as all the hot flushes, night sweats etc ..I've noticed that my hair is getting thinner . Just wanted to know if anyone else has this ..I am not on HRT

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

just read your message, yes hot flushes, night sweats, and over two years noticed a change in hair. Mine went from poker straight to wavy!!! But when I have shower or brush wet hair, loads of hair comes out. I won't take HRT. My Gp just fobs me off with prescription "books" on depression ?????? And antidepressants.  I heard that caffeine shampoo is good for hair thinning but haven't tried it yet. I'm totally fed up with aging process. Menopause, weight gain, anxiety, aches, pains, I could go on but I'd have an outcry of " stop complaining " I used to moan about pmt. Had IVF in my 30's and had a son, I'd rather go through that again than this.

sorry side tracked. Have you tried anything for your hair yet? I think I will try a caffeine based. Also heard Philip Kingsley hair products are very good but a tad expensive. Let us know if you try anything and see a positive result. Good luck

Anita

• Posted

My hair probably about 3 years ago got these permanent waves in them. I figured it was hormonal. And over past few years my hair does not grow at all it is just as thin as paper and does not grow.
  • Posted

Yes my hair is also thinning but have been told this is normal with menopause.
  • Posted

Are you saying that you are losing a lot of hair, or that the hairs shafts are getting very small i.e. like sweeping your hair into a pony tail there's hardly any there?

Changes in hair are very common with menopause and definately related to hormone changes.  My experience is that HRT dose change hair, both shaft thickness and overall hair loss.   

• Posted

Hiya, my hair is now quite fine on the crown ..When strong light is on my head you can see my scalp...Yet still thick in other areas ...
    • Posted

Hair is effected by hormones.  A male style pattern of balding can be related to higher testosterone activity in relation to estrogen.  

If you are concerned, I'd see your doctor.   

• Posted

Hi. Have you tried any supplements to help with thinning hair. I have had success with silica, helps hair and nails. My hair and nails definitely grow faster when I take it.  Along with a good womens multivitamin and healthy diet you may see some improvement.  Also biotin is reported to have helped other ladies on here. You need to keep taking it for 2 or 3 months to see the benefit.
  • Posted

I havent noticed so much hair thinning but the sides of my hair not growing as they did!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.