Has anyone else suffered with strong side effects after nearly 4 months being on citalopram?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Have had some side effects come back they have set me back feeling shaky and anxiety as escalated not been to work.will I ever feel better I'm wondering if medication is right for me now. Any feedback would be appreciated. Xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like after the loading period you started to feel the benefits however have since had a few issues which have intensified and set you back again?

I think the problem with Citalopram is that it that each individual has different side effects and stuff therefore it might be best to book in with your GP and have a review as it might be that your dosage needs adjusting or as you say it might not be agreeing with you and you might need to look at something different, they only way to find out really is to see a doctor. 

I hope it sorts itself out for you. 

• Posted

Thanks Matt just spoke to my doctor she said if things don't improve she will change me to another antidepressant in another weeks time.
    • Posted

Hi. I have been on citalopram for 14 weeks Aswell. I still get the sicky feeling and bad headaches now and then I've also had 2 bad migraines since starting the medication. I still get abit of anxiety now and then but no where near as bad. I went to see my doctor 2 weeks ago she said I've got to have a think and decide whether to up my dose to 30mg or change tablets. I'm to scared to do any. I feel the tablets have really helped but I'm not all the way there yet. X
    • Posted

I have had a nasty cold virus over Christmas also my husband and elderly mother my doctor said this could have set me back. But iwill have to change my medication if I don't feel any better. It is scary changing meds with all the side effects but if I want to feel better then I do. If you feel you could feel better then you do up the dose or change medication only you can decide what's best for you. Xx
  • Posted

Hi there,

Not all meds work for one person, it might just be something going on or extra stress at the moment causing the side effects? 

I was on cit and for a month had really bad sides had to stop and now on propanolol. Changed my life around in the matter of a month well I should say day 1/2 but I am so much happier and in a better place now, what I mean is for you, of course your going to get better we all feel so bad when we are like what your feeling and in a vicious circle of thoughts that continue to cloud your mind and your happiness.

I would recommend speaking to your doctor see what he thinks? Maybe continue on the cit if not change it up and try something else you will eventually hit the sweet spot and find something that works for you, good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon!  

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. When we are in this dark place everything seems impossible doesn't it. With having the nasty cold virus over Christmas and my husband and elderly mother the same I wasn't ready to go back to work resulting in a bad anxiety attack. I'm going on the sick and going to see if things improve before making the decision to change the meds. X

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up