has anyone ever had like a tight band feeling on there head?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hey guys my names nathan im 24 usually a happy hyper funny person to my friends. about 3 months i went to a festival and like a complete idiot i drank someones drink which i presume had drugs in it. i had a massive anxiety attack as i didnt know what was happening but then fell asleep the day after i felt okay and proceeded to have a drink and dance with friends. anyway when i got back home i felt like a pressure feeling on my head like elastic band was round it and i joked it off with friends because i thought it was because i had had a cap on all weekend. anyway days turned into a few weeks and by then i was extreemly anxious thinking i had a brain tumor or something or that i had caused permenent damge to my brain and that i would never feel the same again. so i went to the docors and he was very understanding but said the pressure feeling and fatique was down to my anxiety he pescribed me 15mg mirtapine as i had been on it 5 years previously when i had depression. ( i had been depression and anxiety free completly for 5 years) so its now been roughly 3 months since i got back home from the festival and ive been on mirtapine for about 2 almost and at first it helped my eat as i wasnt hungry one bit and also calmed me down at night time which is when im most anxious. so for the past month ive been fine but even when im in a great mood i still have this band liek feeling around my head sometimes gets stronger and other times gets less. i was just wondering if anyone else has had this before?? past 2 days it feels like mirtazpine has completley stopped woorking so the doctor said up it to 30mg and see how i feel in a week i just cant help thinking that im going to be like this forever and that i wont feel my usual self again. any replies are appricieated and sorry for any spelling errors in advance smile

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Nathandavis

try not to worry. Think logically, how can a spiked drink cause you to worry about a brain tumour, or a tight band round your head. I do sympathise as I suffer from anxiety. However I was told by a counsellor many years ago to take a step back, write down what I'm worried about, then see logically that what you are worrying about can't be a result of one incident, which in your case is a spiked drink.

• Posted

hey thanks for your reply. yeah its true what your saying but even when im in a good mood laughing and joking feeling fine i can still feel the feeling. so i do think its because of that night that triggered my anxiety off but also what was in that drink to give me the symtons x
    • Posted

Is it like you need to sleep and feels like your REALLY tired ? Like u need to squit your eyes?
    • Posted

How can a spiked drink make "like you need to squit your eyes"? I must be a bit thick because I don't understand that comment. What does squit your eyes mean?
    • Posted

Everyone has different anxiety, I also would think a spiked drink will have caused me some kind of damage...I think this just over medication as I do not like anything in my system everyone has different fears and scares!
    • Posted

No need to be so rude god!!! On on about the tight band feeling and how it effects your eyes
    • Posted

How was I being rude? I genuinely asked what squit your eyes meant as I'd not heard of it. I wasn't on on about the tight band feeling and never mentioned about it affecting his eyes.
    • Posted

U called me thick ! Plus my reply was to the poster not you !
    • Posted

Sorry I thought u said I must be thick is in me lol. I was asking the poster if the tight band made him feel tired and like you need to squint his eyes
    • Posted

I was asking you what squit your eyes meant as you asked about it. To follow the discussion you need to understand other posts, which is why I asked you, If you read my reply again I said I must be a bit thick, not you as I didn't understand. I never once said or Implied you were thick. I was calling myself thick and asking for an explanation
    • Posted

Perhaps you should read posts thoroughly before publically accusing someone on an open forum of lying. I've found it most upsetting and will not comment or follow anymore discussions. A flippant sorry lol is totally dismissing the fact that you openly accused me of saying you were thick. Perhaps you should look in the mirror before accusing me.
  • Posted

Yes! I do get this in fact I have it right now!

I can be fine with no aanxiety and still have this feeling it's so scary and it makes me think I have a brain tumour as well but Dr's after Dr's have said everything's fine it's anxiety etc I still to this day think it and I've had this feeling for many years now!

As for the drink and it having drugs in it I think that's going to play a big part in you thinking the worst anyway, as I would....what you need to remember is sometimes even when we're not anxious we still have the physical symptoms I'm sure you don't have a brain tumour or anything serious and just anxiety I also think your concentrating that much onto it your making it be there anyway as I do if it continues and you continue to worry go back to the Dr's and say you want further tests to rest your mind take care x

• Posted

What sort of further tests? Surely that's going to make you even more anxious worrying about additional tests. Are you suggesting tests like a brain scan, or MRI scan. I suffer with anxiety and the thought of more invasive tests would petrify me, and waiting for the results. On what basis would further tests be done. You could wait for weeks/months for tests.
    • Posted

He hasn't mentioned that he's had any tests done just that he's Dr said it is anxiety and prescribed him tablets which I also think it's anxiety but if he is going to worry over this feeling around he's head he should ask for blood count, and yes ct or mri scan...as for been petrified for going for more tests and waiting results at least then he would know if something was up rather than having this over he's head all the time? And yes he could wait weeks months for tests but at least he's doing something about it he could have this feeling around he's head for much longer finding out whether there's much more to it than anxiety is safer and then if it is anxiety he'll know he's had tests and everything is okay then maybe this feeling he's having will uplift from him and so will the band around the head feeling
    • Posted

Sorry I only mentioned about further tests as you told him to go back to his gp for further tests, which suggested he'd already had tests. That's why I asked about what further tests. As has been pointed out anxiety affects us all in different ways. Waiting for tests and results would petrify me and would make me even more anxious
    • Posted

Hi I agree with you! I'm completely phobic about docs, hospitals etc and these things tip me over the edge with anxiety! I'm in the middle of a nightmare at mo! Anxiety gave me a heart symtoms that I'd never had before. That surprised me cos I thought I'd had them all! I went to doc , was sent immediately to hospital and I now have apps for several tests! Illness won't get me but worry and anxiety surely will!!! We are all different in things that might help us. E.
    • Posted

Thank you for that and for understanding my opinion. I was only trying to help and express how I would feel. However, apart from you ive been accused of being rude, calling someone thick and going on about eyes, criticised about saying why have further tests etc. so thank you for agreeing with me. At least I can now think I was right to have an opinion
    • Posted

Fair enough but i have that everyone suffers with anxiety differently and obviously your fear is waitin out tests and results, I ddon't know whether Nathan has this problem or not I was just giving some advice in what I would do and if he would do it to
    • Posted

About his further tests. What tests did he have before you suggested he had even more tests
    • Posted

Have you been accused of calling someone thick on an open forum. You have no idea of how I feel  and you should be ashamed  of calling someone a liar.
    • Posted

i will admit that i think if i did have tests done it would put my mind at rest even though it wouldnt be nice going for them at keast if i knew that i was okay it would make me feel better x

• Posted

Understandable it's your choice, but I think it would take a lot of work of your shoulders x
    • Posted

Like i said previously he didn't mention hhe's had any tests at all just that the Dr's said he had anxiety and give him medication so I suggested he ask he's Dr for tests to reassure him

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.