has anyone ever had like a tight band feeling on there head?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hey guys my names nathan im 24 usually a happy hyper funny person to my friends. about 3 months i went to a festival and like a complete idiot i drank someones drink which i presume had drugs in it. i had a massive anxiety attack as i didnt know what was happening but then fell asleep the day after i felt okay and proceeded to have a drink and dance with friends. anyway when i got back home i felt like a pressure feeling on my head like elastic band was round it and i joked it off with friends because i thought it was because i had had a cap on all weekend. anyway days turned into a few weeks and by then i was extreemly anxious thinking i had a brain tumor or something or that i had caused permenent damge to my brain and that i would never feel the same again. so i went to the docors and he was very understanding but said the pressure feeling and fatique was down to my anxiety he pescribed me 15mg mirtapine as i had been on it 5 years previously when i had depression. ( i had been depression and anxiety free completly for 5 years) so its now been roughly 3 months since i got back home from the festival and ive been on mirtapine for about 2 almost and at first it helped my eat as i wasnt hungry one bit and also calmed me down at night time which is when im most anxious. so for the past month ive been fine but even when im in a great mood i still have this band liek feeling around my head sometimes gets stronger and other times gets less. i was just wondering if anyone else has had this before?? past 2 days it feels like mirtazpine has completley stopped woorking so the doctor said up it to 30mg and see how i feel in a week i just cant help thinking that im going to be like this forever and that i wont feel my usual self again. any replies are appricieated and sorry for any spelling errors in advance smile

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hey guys come on dont argue lol im just about to hit the pillow. i phoned the doctor up and i got a little bit upset and i said fair enough yeah i am feeling very anxious but i know and im convinced that the feeling in my head is to do with what was in that drink. he even said it might be but he said its still early days and to double my meds which will now be 30mg mirtazapine so ive just had them now and ill see how i feel for the next week. hope everyones okay by the way x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.