Has anyone every had a swollen gland from anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I suffer with severe health anxiety, which had improve for a while but now has rocketed out of control again because i was ill for a month over christmas and new year.. just the fluey thing that most people had

But im left with a swollen painless glad in my right side of my neck, im going to the doctors this afternoon as its been there too long but im terrified they will say it is lyphnoma and that i am dying

anybody else evr experienced this?

Thank you

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh and im also experiencing this lump in the throat feeling since dealing with my daughters worrying lymph nodes, i feel like i want to swollow all the time and clear my throat but it always feels sort of tight, im guessing its anxiety related? My throat feelss sort of full too, i no im probs gonna spend the next few days obsessing about it nd thinking its cancer which will therefore make it stay longer and make it feel worse, but thats the story of my life unfortunatly xx
  • Posted

Trust me having kids on top of the anixett problem i have does make it 10x worse! As i worry about her just as much as myself, anyway i took her to the doctors again today for them to be checked over and he said her glands were normal and nothing to worry about which was such a releif! Ive been spending 3 weeks worrying about her glands, try not to worry too much about yours like your doctor said said rhey seemed completly normal, he kniws your anxious about then and is only offering u the blood test for your own peace of mind not that you actually need one, and movable glands are almost always benign anyway expecially if they stay rhe same size, just remember tho they can stay enlarfed for quite a few weeks even months after an illness so its normal to still feel them, try not to prod too much ( hard to do i know) but this will stop them from shrinking and cause even more anxiety!

Thanks for asking about my throat i dunno if i mentioned but iam currently 27 weeks pregnant (hormones all over thw place and making anxiety alot worse) and suffer badly with acid reflux and indigestion which i know can cause the lump in the throat sensation, it feels like a ball of phlegm in my throat that i cant swallow away and is made worse when laying down, im trying to stay calm about it and think rationally rhat its not cancer of the throat its just acid reflux indegestion and anxiety mixed togerther, hope your gkand goes away soon and please keep ne updated on how u get on with the antibiotics and whether u do or not go for blood test etc xx

• Posted

So happy to hear that your daughters glands are fine! I knew they would be though, isn't it silly how you can see these thugs on other people but cannot be rational on yourself!

I saw on a different post that you are pregnant, that can't help at all hopefully when the hormones settle you will too!

Today I sel quite fluey, I'm torn between terrified that I have leukaemia and that's why I feel poorly.

Or me just still having a bit of a flu from before and that's why my glands are swollen and the antibiotics will sort it

Or maybe it's a placebo because he told me I had a fever so now I am playin up to that idea,

I duno either way I hope it's one of the last two! Lol.

Out of interest whereabouts are you based. I'm in Derby in the East Midlands, uk

• Posted

Hi courtney sorry its taken ages for me to get back to you, how are you feeling now? Is the gland still there? I live in lincolnshire east of england, at the monent im dealing withthis lump sensation in my throat and chest im not suee if i mentioned that but i always feel like i need to cough somthing up whoch is so annoying, and ofcourse im thinking the worst case scenarios like cancer altho it doesnt affect my breathing or swallowing so i think its just an anxiety related problem xx
  • Posted

Courtney,

You did the right thing by going to the doctor, let us know how it went.

Wish you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.