Has anyone experienced itchy skin while on Esmya?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I am currently halfway through a 3 month course on Esmya for a 4x4 fibroid. A couple weeks into the treatment I started having a general feeling of itchiness. Not so extreme but definitely something I'm noticing and more pronounced than before. With Esmya the abdominal pain I was experiencing has nearly disappeared. I feel like a different person. At first I though the itchy feeling was due to the winter but as I continue the treatment I'm starting to wonder if there could be a correlation between the two. The logical thing would be to ask my doctor and while she's great it's also difficult to get an appointment with her. Has anyone else experienced this? Many thanks! 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes Elisabeth, I did too.
    • Posted

Thank you. I will go to the doctor this week because it's really starting to feel extreme-as if I had something swimming over my skin. What was your experience?

• Posted

I didnt have itchy skin but my eyesight deteriorated during the course of esyma. Good luck with a resolution Elizabeth.
    • Posted

That sounds scary. Hope it's better now.

I ended up going to a walk in clinic today. Last night I was so uncomfortable and developing a red rash. The dermatologist I saw calmed down my (irrational) fears that maybe I had contacted something like scabies on top of everything else. She wasn't familiar with Esmya. Her diagnosis after taking a skin sample was that the rash was an eczema. Prescribed antihistamines and 2 fatty creams- one of which is 4% urea. She didn't really have much of an opinion of if it was caused by Esmya or not. Said it could also be caused by a change of soaps or shampoo. I plan to see my doctor in the next week. While I'm still itchy I no longer have the rather extreme sensation something is crawling on my skin. My intuition is that this is a side effect of the Esmya.

• Posted

My eye sight deteriorated too. Did yours rectify when you came off it? I now have to wear glasses, so I wondered if it was happening to me anyway at 45.
  • Posted

Yes pretty extreme itchy, very dry feeling, especially, legs & torso. Horrible, then Zoladex was worse, lost the feeling in my left arm with that, very numb indeed but came back. Can't say it didn't totally freak me out though, only up side for me was no periods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.