has anyone experienced side effects once they had eased off

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. Some advise please x I have been on citrolpram for 3 weeks and two days . Had bad side effects for first 11 days then it eased and I actually went out and enjoyed myself . Went back to work all lookinh good then suddenly as I hit day 20  and got a pounding headache and really lethargic . Just sit on sofa . Side effects are not a bad as beginning just surprised I feel poorly again. Has this happened to anyone else x thanks for reading x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zoe, Are you sure it's your medication? I tend to blame everything as I side effect of meds but sometimes I could be something unrelated to them.

Maybe worth going to your GP and getting a little check up?

Alexa. xx

• Posted

Yes I am so anxious about being on cit that I look for side effects also. Fuzzy head and feeling lethargic was what happened when I first took them. Doctor calling me later. Thanks for help x 
  • Posted

Hi Zoe, I'm on erm day 25 now n I felt rough for first 2 weeks barely made it outta bed. I'm back to work now too. Not feeling much other side effects but my bottom front teeth are tingly.. Like constantly unless I take painkillers. I'm not sure if it's slight anxiety bit very strange or if I've just got a cavity but I've had it for a few days now n also wondering if it's a side effect/bad nerves thing.  Apart from that I think I'm starting to feel a lil numb emotionally. I'm on 10mg, update on Friday so my dose will prob b increased xxx
    • Posted

Hi x yes mine could be anxiety as not started my cbt yet . Its throw me so I have got anxious lol. Its hard to know what is the cit x can we take paracetamol ? That would help get rid of my headache x hope you feel more human soon x thanks for reply 
    • Posted

Yeah u can take paracetamol/ibuprofen shouldn't affect the cit at all, I've had no problems. The cit has def helped with my anxiety less shakes which I was having all day long and my asthma has completely disappeared just this tingly sensitive teeth thing over the last few days so I'm hoping it will disappear on it's not trying not to worry about it too much. Take some paracetamol and plenty of rest... We'r getting there slowly but surely hope u feel better soon x
    • Posted

Thanks for your kind words x will defo take some paracetamol that might help me get back to work . Yes early days so fingers crossed we can get through to the greener grass on the other side lol 
  • Posted

Hi Need2 - your tingly teeth feeling may be something completely unrelated to cit or it may be that you are grinding your teeth whilst asleep - as cit is known to affect sleep patterns it could be that the way you sleep is changed.  Best advice, see a dentist and if you have nothing wrong with teeth or gums, ask your GP if it could be related to the cit.  Unfortunately as cit is prescribed for anxiety - we get over anxious about 'possible' side affects and due to that anxiety we are all prone to putting every little ache, pain or pimple down to the meds when sometimes its just normal life.  As Alexa quite rightly says, its part of our anxiety problems that we blame the cit but sometimes we're unconsciously looking for issues that arent really there - the very reason we take the cit to start with.  Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.