Has anyone felt suicidal on merts

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I was really hoping this meds would be a new start as I've been on different drugs now for 20 years and nothing has worked some have helped but since starting this 5 days ago yesterday I felt suicidal never felt like this for years my partner says I'm pyshco my 2 lads who are 20 and 17 just don't understand and think I should stop being a drama queen going to see gp in a bit want to come off them now has anyone else felt like this ??

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Just replied to your last message, your men are behind very unhelpful, I can understand teenagers but not you man! Would like to talk to them, do they really want there mum to conit suicide! I don't think so! 
    • Posted

Well just got back and gp put me back on venlafaxine 75 mg twice a day thanks for all your comments it means a lot especially as my lot don't understand 

x

• Posted

i was interested when you said you were going back on Venlafaxine.  I was on 75 mg Ven. for over 10 years then in 2012 it suddenly stopped working.  The GP tried several other ADs but they were useless.  In desperation I asked to go back on the Ven. and they only worked for 5 months.  Then I was prescribed Mirtazapine 15 mg.  That was fantastic for  nearly 3 months but then I was put on 30 mg which didn't work and then 45mg which was horrendous.  Ihave been weaning off the Mirtazapine and the last few days have been horrendous..  I am just about to start again on Venlafaxine but I am worried in case it only lasts for a few months. 

I just wondered what you thought of Venlafaxine.  You obviously had problems to have stopped taking them.  Have you been on them several tmes.  The Medics say that if a drug has worked then it should work all the time.

• Posted

Hi Patricia 

yeah I'm on venlafaxine again 37mg x 2 a day I was on them in jan this year but was really tired on them that's why gp put me on mirts 

I have had venlafaxine years ago and it stopped working gp said I've tried everything so venlafaxine again I will just have to see how it works out this time 

• Posted

Hi Di

Sounds like we are in the same boat.  I'm just hoping they work again for me.  I took them for 10 years and never had any side effects or problems with them.   Every now and then I would come off them for several month but woulld get the depression again so I would go back on them without any problems.  But as I said before they didn't work for long last time.

• Posted

Hi Patricia 

I suppose our body gets used to them and they poop out hope they last for you how long have you been on them now ? 

• Posted

I only took the first one yesterday!  I'm just worried now in case they don't work as I don't know what the GP would try next as I've tried most of th common ones and they didn't work.  How long have you been on them and are you feeling any better.  I'm feeling awful but then I must still have some Mirtazapine in my body.  I have been weaning off them as I was  on 45 mg so I had the last Mirt of 15 mg yesterday.  Keep in touch.

Pat

• Posted

Hi Pat

i had my first venlafaxine yesterday same as you 75 mg slow release I didn't take the mirts Sunday night as I was so ill on them I had only been on the mirts since last Wednesday had 4 tablets that's all 1 a day of course they were only 15 mg but felt awful 

since I didn't have one Sunday I woke up yesterday fine no grogginess or nausea or mood swings so it will prob be ok for you in a few days when the mirts has worn off x 

• Posted

I think it's almost "normal" to have suicidal ideation with Mirtazapine. Quoting from Wikipedia:

"In general, some antidepressants, especially SSRIs, can paradoxically exacerbate some peoples' depression or anxiety or cause suicidal ideation. Despite its sedating action, mirtazapine is also believed to be capable of this, and for this reason in the United States and certain other countries it carries a black box label warning of these potential effects."

In my experince this will pass; the hunger cravings won't.

• Posted

Thanks for that I feel the same it will pass however when your feeling like it doe sent seem possible, best get a bigger size then I can't stop eating! Seriously I need to put some weight back on so for now it is the least of my worried, will tackle that further down the line.
    • Posted

Thanks at least it's not all in my head they should put the black box on here in the UK to warn people I think well I'm still here phew idea Feeling relieved 
    • Posted

Medication time good night everybody hope tomorrow is a better day
  • Posted

Hi D, yes I have had this reaction from the kids. Frankly anyone who has not gone through this won't be able to understand it and so their empathy might wear out fairly quickly. I contemplated jumping ship too, and I found that I could not speak to many folks about it, as it totally freaked them. I am much better now and these thoughts are a long long way away. You can do it too.

Can you divert your thoughts over the next few days? I pretended I was sick with flu bug and so although I was crook I felt I would get better in a week or so. This will give Mirt some time to work. Just a thought.

• Posted

Good advise but I don't think I could do that yet as my thoughts are still consumed with my illness as it is so scary. Still can't believe I will get better even though I am improving slowly. Did manage to relax for the first time yesterday late afternoon and evening, if I had flu I would ,I know what you mean it is no different really, instead of letting your self be ill you try and fight it and it doesn't work like that until you begin to get better
    • Posted

Hi David so glad you've got through it and much better  I was so near to doing it took wine and pills upstairs but thought of my lads and I couldn't do that to them even though they are sympathetic one bit 

I wasn't in the right place to think of another illness I just tried to sleep which I did at 7pm all through until this morning didn't take the tablet last night 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.