Has anyone got audiograph results that is U shaped in both ears

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi, I've entry had fitted 2 new digital hearing aids following an apparently much needed test and after several visits to gp in early 20s. Have had a really loud high pitch buzz in both ears all my life and always struggled and needed to concentrate to distraction to hear what people said so although shocked to learn it was that bad it solves some mysteries from my schooldays. I was never tested and in t,he end accepted it as bin normal n maybe I was just a bit slow processing information. Both ears start at 50 db at low frequency then dip to 70/75 in mid frequency then right goes back to 50 at 8000 and the left starts to do one. The audiologist said it's not common and doesn't indicate noise induced loss but is more likely genetic and from birth. It's not got any worse through childhood or early adulthood and just wondered if anyone else had simelar and whether it was detected sooner than mine as my audiologist was quite angry that I'd been ignored when I complained of going deaf when I was younger and no one realised I'd never had checks as a child. I'm ok with it as I've never know it any other way and I've always thought the noise was normal. Just b interested to see if others slipped thro the net and how they coped and some advice really. I'm finding the aids are taking a bit of getting used to and also feel self conscious like I'll be judged differently. Thanks 

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.